Elon Musk thinks you should die

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Elon Musk thinks you should die

When billionaire Elon Musk isn't busy running Tesla and SpaceX as CEO, where he's attempting to transform how we drive and turn humans into a multi-planet species (respectively), he's not researching the secret to immortality.

"I am not aware of any secret technology to combat aging," Musk said during an interview this week at the Wall Street Journal's CEO Council Summit.

Moreover, even if humans could live much longer, Musk said that wouldn't be such a good thing for human society on the whole.

"It is important for us to die because most of the time people don't change their mind, they just die," he said. "If you live forever, we might become a very ossified society where new ideas cannot succeed."

The concept that people don't change their minds, even when provided with factual evidence to the contrary, has been repeatedly confirmed in studies across the last 50 years. Therefore, Musk argued, if people were to live longer or become immortal, it could have a detrimental effect on society — where ideas stagnate and fester rather than being evolved or overtaken by succeeding generations of people.

This isn't the first time Musk has gone after aging populations' impact on everyone else: He recently argued for age limits on holding public office, and echoed those sentiments during the WSJ conference.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hes not wrong

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There definitely should be an age where death is mandatory. I would suggest anywhere between 70-80, probably 75 at most. If you haven't lived a full life by then and come to grips with everything, then shame on you. Life is precious and living too long simply makes it impossible for necessary changes and improvements to take place. The majority of ones final years are not pleasant by any means. Your body hurts, you are tired of things, and you don't care and/or can't relate to the newer world of the younger generations. They don't need or want you, and any wisdom you have to offer has long been accepted or ignored. I would much prefer to know and prepare for my end, rather than sit here wondering how much more pain I will be forced to accept, what other disease awaits me, when the stroke or heart attack is going to happen, and getting more and more disgusted with people, the world, and the way I perceive it is going. Constantly remembering and yearning for the good old days is no way to live.

It would be so much better if loved ones knew and had a chance to gather round, celebrate your life, and say goodbye before your soul is released from this worn out body. Wouldn't it be better to choose your means of death, there are so many ways to choose from. Losing you mind or shriveling up from cancer shouldn't have to be one of them.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There definitely should be an age where death is mandatory. I would suggest anywhere between 70-80, probably 75 at most. If you haven't lived a full life by then and come to grips with everything, then shame on you. Life is precious and living too long simply makes it impossible for necessary changes and improvements to take place. The majority of ones final years are not pleasant by any means. Your body hurts, you are tired of things, and you don't care and/or can't relate to the newer world of the younger generations. They don't need or want you, and any wisdom you have to offer has long been accepted or ignored. I would much prefer to know and prepare for my end, rather than sit here wondering how much more pain I will be forced to accept, what other disease awaits me, when the stroke or heart attack is going to happen, and getting more and more disgusted with people, the world, and the way I perceive it is going. Constantly remembering and yearning for the good old days is no way to live.

It would be so much better if loved ones knew and had a chance to gather round, celebrate your life, and say goodbye before your soul is released from this worn out body. Wouldn't it be better to choose your means of death, there are so many ways to choose from. Loosing you mind or shriveling up from cancer shouldn't have to be one of them.
Lol. Mandates would never fly. One thing I think that will naturally happen on its own time will the the ability for older people to let go and accept their death easier. We don't live in that day and age now...but I think as a civilization it will come full circle at some point and we'll get back to a more natural order of things.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be so much better if loved ones knew and had a chance to gather round, celebrate your life, and say goodbye before your soul is released from this worn out body. Wouldn't it be better to choose your means of death, there are so many ways to choose from. Loosing you mind or shriveling up from cancer shouldn't have to be one of them.

I know current, living 85 year olds making a difference, fully active, not complaining, etc...this is all a wild characterization IMO.

There should be age limits to things like running for office and etc, yes. But, to have a mandatory death age? pretty odd man.

I am for people being able to decide to die but a mandatory death age of 75 is some dictator level vibes

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

This is...an interesting take.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave