Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
yea Wells is not a guard.

resign M.Brown PLZ

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Let's leave the personell decision to Grimm. I think he knows what he wants from the position.

If he wants a guy who cant handle DT's then he's got his man.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's leave the personell decision to Grimm. I think he knows what he wants from the position.

I'd bet all the other offensive line coaches we've had in Arizona knew what they wanted from each position.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'd bet all the other offensive line coaches we've had in Arizona knew what they wanted from each position.

Give me a break, we've had no one since Beugel who's really known how to handle an OL the way Grimm does. He'll figure it out.

Personally I'd give Levi some reps there. Alot of them as a matter of fact. But I'll give Grimm his respect and defer to him to do what needs to be done AND he'll get his results. This guy will demand them. He's gonna test Wells alot this preseason to see if the results bear him being there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break, we've had no one since Beugel who's really known how to handle an OL the way Grimm does. He'll figure it out.

I remember everyone here crowing about our O-line coach last year before the season started and how he was gonna make a difference and had a track record of success - what was his name again? Again, you can only make so much chicken salad out of chicken expletive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Personally I'd give Levi some reps there. Alot of them as a matter of fact. But I'll give Grimm his respect and defer to him to do what needs to be done AND he'll get his results. This guy will demand them. He's gonna test Wells alot this preseason to see if the results bear him being there.

EVERYONE here knew that Wells stunk at OG. If Grimm is so great, why can't he see what's patently obvious to everyone here? It's been clear for two-plus seasons now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Loney and Wylie were both highly respected and had been very successful before. I think Loney did a decent job last year to get the line to play as well as the did the last half of the season. That was the best oline play we had in years.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE here knew that Wells stunk at OG. If Grimm is so great, why can't he see what's patently obvious to everyone here? It's been clear for two-plus seasons now.

Everyone here did not think Wells stunk at OG last night. Please speak for yourself and don't let history get in the way of recent performances.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm not gonna say that Wells isn't the answer right off the bat like so many here. Like I said in another thread Grimm is gonna test him and Gandy and Ross and if he doesn't like the results. you bet ther'll be changes made.

I say lets give Grimm's scheme a shot and see if the personell works out , or it'll shake out. Sooner than later.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Loney and Wylie were both highly respected and had been very successful before. I think Loney did a decent job last year to get the line to play as well as the did the last half of the season. That was the best oline play we had in years.

Loney did better than some of his predecessors. I wouldn't classify the OL play as that successful last year. It took too long to settle in and by that time it was too late. It's easier to play spoiler in the last half and that's what they did. No pressure really. Just go out and hit people, which they did and played better.

Therewere times in the beginning where the line play wasn't so bad. But most of the success came against weaker run D's like the Rams. To classify the play as a success last yr. would be a stretch though. They we're bad at running for the most part and a little better at pass protecting which was more of a strength. But in this league you need to do both to win. We're still not seeing it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loney did better than some of his predecessors. I wouldn't classify the OL play as that successful last year. It took too long to settle in and by that time it was too late. It's easier to play spoiler in the last half and that's what they did. No pressure really. Just go out and hit people, which they did and played better.

Therewere times in the beginning where the line play wasn't so bad. But most of the success came against weaker run D's like the Rams. To classify the play as a success last yr. would be a stretch though. They we're bad at running for the most part and a little better at pass protecting which was more of a strength. But in this league you need to do both to win. We're still not seeing it.

Hey, it's not like I thought the oline deserved parades for the way they played towards the end of the season. They just approached the "adequate" level for the first time in quite a while. I don't really care that Loney got fired and that line blown up. But, plugging in Gandy at T, Wells at G and cutting M. Brown has been a real headscratcher to me. Hope Grimm proves me wrong.

seesred

Reaction score
You guys know best after all, Grimm never played , oh he did.
Then Grimm is not accepted in the NFL as a good coach, oh you say he almost got a head coaching job! Well he obviuosly doesn;t know personal as he is playing Wells, wait he played pretty good last year. Do you think that Grimms watched any tape from last year. Oh I knopw everyone on this board is an expert. They watched the films on Wells and now he just plain sucks after one quarter.

GBR

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then Grimm is not accepted in the NFL as a good coach, oh you say he almost got a head coaching job! Well he obviuosly doesn;t know personal as he is playing Wells, wait he played pretty good last year. Do you think that Grimms watched any tape from last year. Oh I knopw everyone on this board is an expert. They watched the films on Wells and now he just plain sucks after one quarter.

GBR

We all know about Grimm's wonderful resume. We've also watched Wells play all of his NFL football. I wish last night would've proved Grimm's genius. But, Wells didn't do real well. Maybe the next game will make me feel better.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Then Grimm is not accepted in the NFL as a good coach

Those same things apply to Carl Mauck. Maybe you're on to something.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I agree that both men had been successufull in prior opportunities, I just cannot condone the second half of that statement. I am not blaming anyone or trying to come down on you, but I think that many Cards fans have been watching a miserable team for so long that you have come to embrace mediocrity.

Our line was NEVER any good last year. It was never average or remotely close to that. They sucked. Yes it was better in the second half of the season that it was in the beginning. However, being slightly better than horrible doesn't make something good. Not once last year did we run for as many yards as our oppenents gave up on average throughout the season. Everyone here was so pumped when Edge went for 100 against the Rams. Woopdedooo, they gave up and average of 150yds per game.

The pass protection was just as bad. When your QB is routinely sacked before he can finish a 3-step drop there is a problem.

I just find it hard to believe how people can get upset now w/ all the personel changes Whis has made on the line. Maybe it is that I live in a different area in other team's territorries so I have a first hand perspective on how other teams work. Let me say that had that line been on the Skins or Ravens everyone of them would have been cut after the season w/ the exception of Lutui.

Davis wasn't good and he had a loser mentality. I agree he was better than some of our other guys but he was way more expensive also. I think everyone from that line but Lutui will be gone when then their contracts run up. Whis and Graves did the right thing w/ Davis. He took plays off----something people who are supposed to be Pro-Bowlers and leaders can't do.

Leckey wasn't great as a starter but is a very good backup, why are people crying about this. Personally I wanted us to draft R. Kalil outta USC this year.

Once again please dont take this personally because it seems that the majority of the board shares your sentiments.

Last edited: