Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy A

Release Date: September 17, 2010
Studio: Screen Gems (Sony)
Director: Will Gluck
Screenwriter: Bert V. Royal
Genre: Comedy, Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for mature thematic elements involving teen sexuality, language and some drug material)

Starring: Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Amanda Bynes, Thomas Haden Church, Patricia Clarkson, Cam Gigandet, Lisa Kudrow, Malcolm MacDowell, Aly Michalka, Stanley Tucci

Plot Summary: After a little white lie about losing her virginity gets out, a clean cut high school girl (Emma Stone) sees her life paralleling Hester Prynne's in "The Scarlet Letter," which she is currently studying in school – until she decides to use the rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got around to watching this movie. My wife and I were looking for something simple but fun and this movie fit the bill perfectly. It referenced John Hughes movies of the 80's and it felt very much like watching any of his better teen comedies. If you ever find yourself in a 16 Candles kind of mood, this is an excellent choice. Other than Zombieland, I was unfamiliar with Emma Stone but she is a captivating performer.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody given this movie a chance? Seriously, you need to give it a watch if for no other reason than to enjoy a wonderful performance by Emma Stone. She's so good that Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci are unable to steal the show. They're classic but Emma's performance is special. I know, we're not really allowed to gush over someone's performance in what amounts to nothing more than a teen comedy but this is definitely worth seeing for anyone that can appreciate the genre. It's still available on Netflix for those that are interested.

Not to scare anyone away but my wife has now "forced" me to watch this 6 times during the last 8 days. It's payback on her part for me forcing her to see Pulp Fiction 4 times in the same week when it first hit the theaters.

Steve

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw it and really liked it. Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci were freaking hilarious. I cracked up when he sat down at the table with their son and said; "So where are you from originally?" lol

Emma Stone is also great, she's beautiful and very witty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it and really liked it. Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci were freaking hilarious. I cracked up when he sat down at the table with their son and said; "So where are you from originally?" lol

Emma Stone is also great, she's beautiful and very witty.

The only thing I would have changed about this movie is to make it 10 minutes longer and give us more Patricia and Stanley moments. Their moments were brief but delightful.

Steve

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Excellent movie! God I love Netflix I would have never watched it but it was available and paid for so took a chance. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a long time.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent movie! God I love Netflix I would have never watched it but it was available and paid for so took a chance. One of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a long time.

This is a fun movie. Same here got it on Netflix. Emma Stone is great. Did you see Zombieland?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is a fun movie. Same here got it on Netflix. Emma Stone is great. Did you see Zombieland?

No I haven't may need to check it out. And yes Emma Stone is great.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I haven't may need to check it out. And yes Emma Stone is great.

It's on Netflix Watch instantly. Actually one of the better titles on Netflix instant watch. Only runs 90 mins. Check it out.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Agreed. Very fun movie that I too would never have watched without Netflix.

And she steals the show across the board. Bright future for her, methinks.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally saw this movie, really liked it. Emma Stone was great in it, as was Stanley Tucci (love him). Penn Badgley? YUM.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to check this one out over Christmas break.

This movie has created an incredible number of Emma Stone fans and rightly so. I love the movie but her performance was amazing. I suspect she'll spend the rest of her career trying to recapture that moment as every director will probably force her to do the same old stuff but even one great moment is more than most actors have.

Steve

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The only thing I would have changed about this movie is to make it 10 minutes longer and give us more Patricia and Stanley moments. Their moments were brief but delightful.

Steve

Yeah, the parents were flippin hilarious. Any fan of 80s teen movies will enjoy this. Well done movie.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

lol, I like the PG language. Like the movie producers think this is the 1940's. "Trallop". Scandalous!

Tramp is the most modern one up there and even that one is rarely used anymore.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah, the parents were flippin hilarious. Any fan of 80s teen movies will enjoy this. Well done movie.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have to be a dork and quote my own post because I rewatched this film and came here to post the same thing about the parents that I posted in 2012.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose