Dwayne Haskins killed in car accident

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was 6:30am so it was dark and traffic was likely very light. So, I'm throwing the suicide implications out the window. I'm curious as to why it's being investigated as a traffic homicide. Doesn't homicide imply intent to kill someone?
I mean, maybe. But what is an NFL QB doing running across a freeway on his way back to Pittsburgh?! More than likely we'll never know all the deets. But it's irrelevant TBH. Even if it was a psych thing or drug/alcohol issue, awareness of these things is getting better by the day. Which is the move we all wanna see.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Football is a side bar to the reality on how precious life is... to die so young is so wrong , and there are people totally broken down close to him with this loss which find it hard to function right now

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dwayne Haskins was legally drunk at time of death, according to toxicology report​

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2.5 and driving. It's sad he died in a truly horrific way. It's also sad for the people that have to live with hitting someone walking on a freeway.

It's sad his family has lost a father and a provider due to the inability to call an Uber

The only thing not sad is he ran out of gas before it got worse

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
That’s rookie BAC. My ex wife blew a .308, went to the store for a pack of cigarettes, and still managed to tell 4 jokes to the officers in the hold tank an hour after…

sad. It’s always sad.

I think many of us forget these are just normal boys who do extraordinary ish. Don’t ever underestimate the power and importance of a good friend.

A good friend helps decide to call it a night, picks the ish up that you’re dropping from your pockets every time you move, sees bad things before the happen, and puts your ass on notice (if need be) the next morning.

Hate to hear, but damnit have a plan dog.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think many people knew it was sketchy, but not many wanted to say it. The kid was problematic when he got to Pittsburgh. He never matured.
Living in the DMV, we’d hear about him routinely going out and acting like an idiot. That’s why the redskins parted ways with him. It had nothing to do with his on-field abilities.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ketamine and alcohol is a really really weird combination.

Unless he was just such a next level pro that that was normal for him, either he was drunk and somebody talked him into some K - or he was drunk and somebody drugged him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose