Durant out 3-4 weeks after minor car crash (April Fool)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-injured-in-traffic-accident-03149121983.html

Phoenix Suns forward Kevin Durant was involved in a low-speed traffic collision in Scottsdale early Saturday morning. He sustained bruised ribs and other minor injuries and is expected to miss 3-to-4 weeks.

Angel Hernandez, speaking for the Maricopa County Sherriff’s Office, said, “Mr. Durant was traveling southbound on Hayden Road and was impacted by another vehicle at the intersection of Via Ventura. The driver of the other vehicle failed to heed a traffic signal in a timely fashion.”

Both drivers were tested for possible intoxication. Durant’s blood-alcohol content was 0.05% and the other driver’s was 0.12, above the legal limit of 0.08.

Suns coach Monty Williams said, “This is a setback, but we’re glad it’s not worse. Our thoughts are with Kevin and this is just one of those things that can happen out there. I know he’ll come back just as strong as ever.”

Devin Booker, the Suns leading scorer this season, said, “KD’s my guy. It’s frustrating because we’re so excited about what we can do on the floor as teammates. But we have to keep fighting.”

The Suns acquired Durant in a trade with the Brooklyn Nets two months ago, sending back fan favorites Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson along with multiple draft picks. Injuries have plagued the future Hall-of-Famer since then, and he has played only five games for his new team.

The Suns are 5-0 in those games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a super mean April Fool’s joke.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought immediately it must be an April Fool's Day joke. If it were real, it would be total disaster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have fallen for it bigtime if I hadn't just finished reading a thread where a poster mentioned he wouldn't ever believe any story that comes out on this day. I was still in March until that post woke me up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Funny as a heart attack!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have actually been more believable had it said he was injured on a basketball court.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Had to look realizing its the 1st.
If something had happened I would have felt a disturbance in the force.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose