Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More excited about this movie than any other I can think of!
Maybe I need to rewatch this. I will admit that I don't have the same sentimentality as a lot of people do. I didn't watch the original/read until much later in life.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe I need to rewatch this. I will admit that I don't have the same sentimentality as a lot of people do. I didn't watch the original/read until much later in life.
I saw the original as probably a tween and a few more times in my teenage years. Such an epic storyline.

And the remake was so much better than the original.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what to expect. I have a love hate relationship with the original. Parts I love and there are parts I absolutely hate. So, like many others I was blown away. I can't wait for the sequel.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really do need to give it another go. Maybe I was tired or something, but it didn't hold my interest the entire way though.

Well not everything grabs everyone. It doesn't mean you are wrong or anything if the second viewing doesn't hold up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the book as a teenager and thought the film was a mixed bag. Some of the corny moments and compressed story were a huge disappointment for me. Other parts I loved. I was expecting ZERO out of this film. I was skeptical about them redoing it.

IMO, it's superior to the original even though it was one of those movies that I would like to watch once in a blue moon because it was so different from the other stuff out there.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Let's freakin' go!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm in but I'm not touching that trailer. I've stopped watching them if it's a movie that I already know I'm going to see Too much spoiler potential.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? I never saw the original and I thought it was the tits. I had no idea how many sci fi / fantasy series ripped this off.

My only issues with the first one were the unnecessary gender swap of Liet Kynes(this really distracted me) and all the subtext people unfamiliar with the books are missing. Though I really don't know how they'd be able to fit in all that subtext without being way to obvious with exposition or by using inner monologue the 80s movie used, which doesn't really seem to fit with the style they are going for. Dune is the only sci-fi I was really liked growing up so it is a bit frustrating seeing the movie with so much meat left on the bone.

As far as rip offs, I've just dipped my toes into Warhammer 40k lore and it is straight up Dune and it has me pretty excited about Henry Cavill's upcoming show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose