DT Corey Peters to sign with cardinals

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Former Falcons DT Corey Peters expected to sign with the Cardinals once FA opens.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Corey Peters, a year-plus removed from Achilles injury, expected to get about $9m over 3 years from Arizona, with the chance to earn more.

Sounds like he would be more of a dockett replacement than a williams replacement. Tommy Kelly might be gone now too but we'll see.

plus:
Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson
The #Falcons are NOT front runner for Brian Orakpo. 3 teams: #Colts, #Cardinals & #Washington. Atlanta isn't even talking to him right now.

This team is being far more proactive than I thought they would be, then again the reports did say they were going to be aggressive in free agency.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just saw this also. He's only 26 too. Me likey. Didn't have a lot of tackles in 15 games, though. Still like. Cheaper than Dock and way younger and multi-year.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm so pumped about FA this year. We're going to land some players and make a run. Can't wait. Really hope we sign a RB, Murray or AP, I don't even care, and an offensive lineman. Then the draft is gravy. Keim is like superman in my eyes since he got the GM job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kind of a meh signing for me. Don't know much about the guy, but that Falcons D-line was atrocious last year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
More athletic than Williams, but weren't the Falcs terrible against the run the last few years?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
kind of a meh signing for me. Don't know much about the guy, but that Falcons D-line was atrocious last year.
Their secondary sucked balls. Not sure about their line. Their linebacking core sucked too, basically their whole defense. His tackle totals are low though for 15 games. But it could be a product of bad LB's and secondary and the offense could double guys on their D line.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
180 degree change from Graves and company. We used to watch all the good players get signed and the ones that came only used us to drive up their price
It's awesome. Love having a real front office man. So nice.

OP
OP
J

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
On another note If we add a pass rusher and lose cromartie (which looks very possible) then I think cb is a definite possibly in the 1st depending on how the draft plays out.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More athletic than Williams, but weren't the Falcs terrible against the run the last few years?
They were bad in all phases but their secondary sucked the most. If I'm not mistaken they had corners hurt galore and played rooks at corner and safety.

Point is, teams got leads on them and ran all over them after.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Wow...Corey Peters is an excellent DL imo. He'd fill the DE role in this defense very well. Good explosion on snap and penetrates very well. Doesn't rack up the sacks but makes QB's pretty uncomfortable. Also pretty solid in the run game. Highly respected in the locker room and a fan favorite on the DL in Atl.

Really solid start to FA by the Cards so far.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
@vxmcclure23

Peters deal, once signed, will be a three-year deal with the Cardinals. Expected be more than $3.5 mil per season.

Interesting after what we did/didn't offer Dockett.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@vxmcclure23

Peters deal, once signed, will be a three-year deal with the Cardinals. Expected be more than $3.5 mil per season.

Interesting after what we did/didn't offer Dockett.

Not really 8 years younger

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson