Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Doing nothing, even just trading Isaiah Thomas will make this the most awful 2 months ever.

1. dropping out of the playoff race
2. is Goran Dragic happy watch?
3. Goran Dragic free agency
4. team chemistry shot since Dragic basically threw everyone under the bus

ugh

DO NOT WANT

Trade Dragic, Thomas and Tucker now

Warren/Morris
Green/Goodwin
Bledsoe/Ennis

Thank you, maybe tank from #14 to around #10 at least.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
But doing nothing IMO ensures we're losing Dragic for nothing and that the rest of the season is going to be a headache filled with rumors of infighting and a civil war amongst the fan base.

Maybe not nothing...they still would be able to execute a sign and trade to get him the most money. Considering the offers they're allegedly getting, maybe that's the best route. (including casting away lil IT)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot imagine 2 months of the board being like it has the last few days... and really more than 2 months, it would carry over through June up until free agency.

Barf.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Maybe not nothing...they still would be able to execute a sign and trade to get him the most money. Considering the offers they're allegedly getting, maybe that's the best route. (including casting away lil IT)

no this is not possible anymore, sign and trades don't get him more money.

If we keep him he will just sign with the Knicks or Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine 2 months of the board being like it has the last few days... and really more than 2 months, it would carry over through June up until free agency.

Barf.

I with you on this.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would rather them keep Goran and try to fix things rather trade him for crap. Especially crap that hurts our cap space for the likes of McRoberts & Birdman.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Why? The Suns are the only team that can offer him a supermax and a 5th year...(unless that rule has changed)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True but it opens up the market a bit since we'd still have his Bird Rights. At the kind of money he's hoping for there just aren't a lot of teams that can easily absorb his new deal.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Barf.

You must be registered for see images attach

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
True but it opens up the market a bit since we'd still have his Bird Rights. At the kind of money he's hoping for there just aren't a lot of teams that can easily absorb his new deal.

Steve

Well the Lakers and Knicks both will have the capspace to sign him I think.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? The Suns are the only team that can offer him a supermax and a 5th year...(unless that rule has changed)

It has changed. We have those advantages still but they aren't tradable. If we do a sign and trade we're limited to the same years and raise percentages as all other teams.

Steve

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Paul Coro @paulcoro · 4m 4 minutes ago
Dragic has boarded the Suns bus for the airport. Zoran, that is. #buswatch
0 replies 23 retweets 17 favorites
Reply Retweet23 Favorite17
More

Interesting. They're holding back Goran in case he's traded again so it wouldnt be two times he's been traded on a plane from the same franchise.

Not sure about any of you, but this is pretty exciting last 30 mins of the trading deadline. WTF is gonna happen???

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Lakers and Knicks both will have the capspace to sign him I think.

Yes and if one of those teams has no interest in paying him 20 million, why would the other team do it? Still holding his Bird Rights might help. Like trade exceptions, it's lost some of it's allure but there is still a little value.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about any of you, but this is pretty exciting last 30 mins of the trading deadline. WTF is gonna happen???

It is sort of exciting but over the years I have learned to not get too excited as so many times I have seen it come and go with no movement even when we desperately needed something to happen.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It has changed. We have those advantages still but they aren't tradable. If we do a sign and trade we're limited to the same years and raise percentages as all other teams.

Steve

Didn't know that, thx.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute

Phoenix is finalizing a deal to send Goran Dragic to the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

one can only hope..

I dont want to see McRoberts or Birdman here..