Dragic to the Mavericks

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Mavericks hope to sign Dragic on the cheap next season.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Mark Cuban is trying to create the first all white team of the modern era! Bold move, let's see if it pays off for him.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
He’s not going. Olynyk and Derrick Jones in the deal with Ryan Anderson’s contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s not going. Olynyk and Derrick Jones in the deal with Ryan Anderson’s contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually wouldn't have minded Olynyk here...

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Dragic is not part of the deal after all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, how does Miami move forward? Dragic is a nice guy, so maybe it won't matter, but would anybody consider a Tyler for Dragic straight-up trade?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, how does Miami move forward? Dragic is a nice guy, so maybe it won't matter, but would anybody consider a Tyler for Dragic straight-up trade?

Man, I love Goran, but honestly, with Rubio on the roster, I think TJ fits better. Dragic is a much better point guard, much better passer, much better shooter/ scorer, but TJ can defend. If given a choice at any position, I'm going with the guy who can defend. Booker can't guard a chair, and Ayton is not going to turn into a rim-protector. For the time being, our starting PF can't defend either, so I am going to go with defense (TJ).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, I love Goran, but honestly, with Rubio on the roster, I think TJ fits better. Dragic is a much better point guard, much better passer, much better shooter/ scorer, but TJ can defend. If given a choice at any position, I'm going with the guy who can defend. Booker can't guard a chair, and Ayton is not going to turn into a rim-protector. For the time being, our starting PF can't defend either, so I am going to go with defense (TJ).
Agreed.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm reading that the Mavericks are maybe backing out of the deal.

Is the issue that the Heat need to clear salary? How much room do the Suns have? Any way they can get in on Olynyk?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm reading that the Mavericks are maybe backing out of the deal.

Is the issue that the Heat need to clear salary? How much room do the Suns have? Any way they can get in on Olynyk?

Josh Jackson and Tyler Johnson for Kelly Olynyk and Goran Dragic works salary-wise. Just saying...

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Josh Jackson and Tyler Johnson for Kelly Olynyk and Goran Dragic works salary-wise. Just saying...

But Johnson and Dragic have basically the same salary, and Dragic would be easier for the Heat to move on his own. So just Jackson for Olynyk would be fine. I'd even include a second-round pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But Johnson and Dragic have basically the same salary, and Dragic would be easier for the Heat to move on his own. So just Jackson for Olynyk would be fine. I'd even include a second-round pick.

Unfortunately, Jackson for Olynyk doesn't work salary-wise.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In a bit of Suns-related irony, the hold-up with the Mavericks and the Heat is that the Heat are unwilling to part with...Derrick Jones, Jr.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Jackson for Olynyk doesn't work salary-wise.

It does, because, as of right now, the Suns could absorb the added salary. But the question is whether the Suns could still do it after their other moves, and we can't know that without knowing what the other moves are. For example, if they have a plan to fit in Rubio without stretching Johnson, they could stretch Johnson in order to accommodate Jackson for Olynyk.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Unwilling to part with Derrick Jones Jr. Fantastic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose