Drafting a point guard?

sunsfn

Reaction score
I have never thought that the suns would take a point guard with the first pick.

It seems the suns need a center and backup point guard instead of a point guard at the #7 pick. (with Barbosa, JJ & maybe Vujanic they really do not need one now) They could sign a veteran of each, in the off season to get them set for a couple years and then see how Barbosa and Vujanic turn out with having JJ to play point guard sometimes. In a couple years they hopefully will have a veteran team that will go far in the playoffs.

They have bought in Harris twice who is supposed to be a true point and it appears they may draft him.
This may all be a smoke screen, but they did bring in Amare twice.

It looks like Gordon is going to the Clips at #4.
I think Atlanta might take Josh Smith at #6 for the home crowd effect, although he has dropped in the mocks, he still will be a good player and he is from Atlanta. They could take Josh Chldress.

There is a chance that Livingston now falls to the suns. If he does they will have a tough decision if they had intended to take Harris. I think they have to take Livingston if he falls. This is a good choice because he would have time to grow and eventually be the starting point on this team, and would definitely be the BPA at the #7 pick.

If the suns keep the pick there is probably a "slight" chance they take Pavel.

Hoever, I think the suns are probably trying to move down. If they move down a few spots they could then take guys like Luke Jackson, Pavel, & Biedrens. I would think that Josh Childress would be gone but you never know.

Every draft has a pick surprise and this draft will not be any different. It may be because someone is in love with a certain player, or there is a trade coming. Watch for a surprise in the top 10 for sure.
I also think if the suns take someone we have not read much about, they will trade the pick. (that is, someone they have not bought in)

Last year, NBAdraft.net picked 8 of the top 10. This year may be quite different because I believe there will be lots of traded picks. Especially because the Bobcats are a new team making lots of deals.

My top 7

(top 2 could switch places with trades etc.)

Orlando Emeka Okafor 6-10 257 PF/C UConn Jr.

Charlotte Dwight Howard 6-10 240 PF GA HSSr.

Chicago Luol Deng 6-8 220 SF Duke Fr.

LA Clippers Ben Gordon 6-2 192 PG UConn Jr.

Washington Andre Iguodala 6-7 217 SG/SF Ariz. So.

Atlanta Josh Smith

Phoenix Shaun Livingston 6-7 186 PG IL HSSr.
Devin Harris 6-3 170 PG Wisconsin Jr.

Anxiously waiting for Thuraday night. :p

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am hearing that Washington would take Livingston at 5 because he would complement Arenas.

In that case we would probably have to chose between Iguodala, Smith and Harris.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I am hearing that Washington would take Livingston at 5 because he would complement Arenas.

In that case we would probably have to chose between Iguodala, Smith and Harris.

That's new. Almost everything I've read has said they don't think Stackhouse can stay healthy and are looking for an SF - Deng, Childress, or Iggy although they might take Livingston if they thought they could trade him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave