Draft Week Cardinal Rumors

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Just figured a dedicated thread to the most current rumors specific to the Cardinals:

a couple themes have emerged consistently from the media:

1. The trade up scenario to get an offensive playmaker. Schrager was the first, but there have been others-

see this from Dave Pasch:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2. The Zaven Collins bandwagon

Tony Pauline on the ROTB podcast kicked this one off, and Gambo and Schrager have noted that name.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Schrager has indicated the Cardinals are connected to Parson, Collins, Waddle, and Pitts. He has referenced improving the offensive cast around Murray which implies RB and OL to be considerations.

The Parsons and Collins seem to be reported as options if the Cardinals get stuck at 16, there are no viable trade down offers, and Pitts, Waddle, Chase, Surtain and Horn are all off the board.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Schrager mentioned Najee Harris as well as the linebackers as options in that scenario.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Was listening to Freddie and Fitzsimmons espn radio last night, who I heard one of the hosts is related to someone on our coaching staff and well connected with FO. They had the Cards picking Horn at 16, which seemed like a cop out to me with virtually no chance he’s there IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was listening to Freddie and Fitzsimmons espn radio last night, who I heard one of the hosts is related to someone on our coaching staff and well connected with FO. They had the Cards picking Horn at 16, which seemed like a cop out to me with virtually no chance he’s there IMO.

There are 4 teams above us I see with CB as a top option.

Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys. Eagles, Chargers. But all of them have strong needs elsewhere.

Falcons at 4 are high for a CB. Panthers I think go OT. Cowboys I think go CB if they stand pat. I think Eagles go WR. Chargers need OT and there will be a good one there.

So I can see a scenario where one is there. I also think this draft is going to be nuts with lots of trades and odd picks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 4 teams above us I see with CB as a top option.

Falcons, Panthers, Cowboys. Eagles, Chargers. But all of them have strong needs elsewhere.

Falcons at 4 are high for a CB. Panthers I think go OT. Cowboys I think go CB if they stand pat. I think Eagles go WR. Chargers need OT and there will be a good one there.

So I can see a scenario where one is there. I also think this draft is going to be nuts with lots of trades and odd picks.

After Lee retiring Cowboys have to be going LB

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Schrager mentioned Najee Harris as well as the linebackers as options in that scenario.

KM referenced getting better in 3rd and short...No better way to do that, than to have a RB who can battle inside and get 2 yards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After Lee retiring Cowboys have to be going LB

Its another major need and I tossed up the two.

I came down with CB because they have 2 talented guys and Lee has barely played recently.

They only have Diggs at CB to start and they could get LB in round 2.

Who knows. There are still some CBs in FA they can pick up but I slightly favour CB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As someone else mentioned Florio was very strong that if Waddle, Surtain and Horn are gone then Collins is the pick. Apparently from a source he trusts who has been right before.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you trade #16 to the Ravens for #27 and #31?

The value is about right and there should still be OLB and CB options.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave