Draft rumors.....around the league edition!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could do it as soon as Paul opts out.

No, they can't because Paul still has a cap hold. We'd have to renounce his rights and wouldn't be able to resign him for anymore than the cap space available, which wouldn't be close to what he'll be looking to get.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns should have been looking for this type of deal with some interesting big men available at the tail end of the draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns should have been looking for this type of deal with some interesting big men available at the tail end of the draft.

James Jones hates the draft. We won't be getting more picks till we have a different GM.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones hates the draft. We won't be getting more picks till we have a different GM.

When the Suns get into luxury tax territory I hope this will change.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that's a huge oversimplification. He doesn't prioritize the draft because the guy isn't fooled by flash. Young players make a lot of mistakes, having a team loaded with kids is not the way to re-build. Anyone that followed the Suns during the McD years should already know this. But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to utilize the draft, just that it's not the best way to add rotation players unless you're trying to save money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's a huge oversimplification. He doesn't prioritize the draft because the guy isn't fooled by flash. Young players make a lot of mistakes, having a team loaded with kids is not the way to re-build. Anyone that followed the Suns during the McD years should already know this. But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to utilize the draft, just that it's not the best way to add rotation players unless you're trying to save money.

I thought I had a clue on how James Jones viewed the draft until the 2020 NBA Draft.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome rather have a gm who wants to win with veterans like another paul type leader in future :) gives me hope wont return to pre paul yrs.... lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They could well be looking. But from what I've heard, these types of transactions are usually relationship based - a GM calls a GM he's comfortable dealing with to let them know that they are interested in acquiring or selling a pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could well be looking. But from what I've heard, these types of transactions are usually relationship based - a GM calls a GM he's comfortable dealing with to let them know that they are interested in acquiring or selling a pick.

Maybe Jones should be placing a call to OKC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose