Draft Question

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
thats the kiss of death for me

you dont take those players at 8th overall

i dont get the Brown indifference

high end player last year, stayed in school and got better. Ideal measurables. Non stop motor, so a very high floor kinda player. Produced in the toughest conference.

Kinlaw is already a 1st round lock based on his film.

I think what was meant is that Kinlaw could be a defensive line cornerstone. And he played in the same conference as Brown.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Simmons
Kinlaw
Brown

Simmons can play all over the defense and his experience should help him be that matchup piece the Cardinals lack.

Kinlaw has enormous upside and is a better fit as a 3-4 end.

Brown is good enough that he can play 3-4 end, but he is best suited at 4-3 tackle.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone compared Derrick Brown to Aaron Donald.

Derrick Brown reminds me of a better Akiem Hicks with a Fletcher Cox ceiling. So disruptive in both the run & pass game.

Wouldn’t shock me if he has a better pro career than Simmons in the slightest.
Fletcher Cox. Chris Jones. Yup.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Before everyone gets too over the top for Kinlaw, it’s important to note IMO, he’s not a sure thing to be a Pro Bowl Player. I’m not saying he’s not talented; he is. Rather I’m saying there are concerns. He has great functional strength. However, he is seriously lacking in technique. He’ll face some monsters in the NFL. To be effective he’ll have to improve the sophistication of his game. He also has some motivation issues and has trouble getting up for every game. He also quits too often against double teams. At his best he’s the number 2 DT. When he’s not at his best he’s still above average. He is too big a risk at 8 for me, but if he matures someone could win big with him.