Almost bored by the proceedings

vs

Waves of relief
Emotional
Tears
Hugs
Joy
Can't believe it

Maybe those at home are less confident of being drafted but at the event they seem to put on a facade for the interviewers. Does that fake, confident persona they are trying to project finish once they step inside the building for training? Or do they carry on the facade whenever they're in NFL company?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that was Ben Patrick.....who later worked as a security guard at Marcos De Niza HS LOL.

you may be right. Whoever it was, it was a stunning catch considering moment and level of difficulty and previous nothingness as a player.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, you asked if he was on the roster. Are you moving the goalposts? :shrug: He had a carry and 2 catches for 35 yards in the Super Bowl, too.
Yes, Arrington had a couple of critical plays during our 2nd half rally. Unfortunately, I'll always remember him by his 4th & 1 against Washington when that sudden gust of wind took him down short of the 1st down & we lost the game:bang:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, Arrington had a couple of critical plays during our 2nd half rally. Unfortunately, I'll always remember him by his 4th & 1 against Washington when that sudden gust of wind took him down short of the 1st down & we lost the game:bang:

That was the play that Sean Taylor was closing in on him for a big hit and Arrington just dropped to the ground and it looked like if he just takes the hit he gets the first down EASILY. That was the first time that I saw ONE PLAY and said, yeah, that dude sucks he doesn't deserve a big role on an NFL offense.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve got a few questions about an overall response to the Cards’ picks. I guess a B is about right. If you include what they got for traded picks I’d up it to an A. Both early picks will contribute and they both have a ceiling potential that could make them exceptional values. Most of the rest are long shots to contribute except for Wiggins who looks like a steal if he can stay healthy. He’s talented enough to make sure this isn’t a repeat of 2020 where the Cards run out of safeties.
I don't grade drafts - too many variables like injuries or faulty scouting input in a COVID environment.

That said - I like that, in a fairly "flat" year talentwise, SK favored players with high athletic or leadership intangibles (presumably because high-potential prospects represented better value). I con see guys like the 2 corners or Wiggins not only making the final roster but seeing considerable action.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well we ain’t headed to the number one overall pick again yet, but yea, not even grading on a curve, I think it was below average D possibly a F failure, like Rosen- well just as app to be a F as a B. Nothing against Collins or Moore, but yes they were a reach at both picks. Keim has done pretty crappy drafting, he ain’t no Denny green