Draft Grade

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And how many draft picks (for any team) will be with the same team after 4 years?
True, but you don’t know that about each draft pick. Each has the potential for longevity given their youth. In trades like this (where you trade for an old guy) you’re swapping skill certainty for potential longevity and cost control.

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pats saved us by going Mac. If Mac got drafted earlier, they would’ve went Zaven from what I read, & then Keim would’ve completed his jackassery by drafting a RB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What jackassery did he do in this draft? Please explain.

He is saying that we got saved by the Pats because if the Pats drafted Collins instead of us, we would have drafted a running back, ruining the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cards had a deal to trade with the Saints if the Pats hadn't taken Mac Jones

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I knew any oops were erased the minute he was selected by the pats. Wonder what the deal would’ve looked like.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I knew any oops were erased the minute he was selected by the pats. Wonder what the deal would’ve looked like.

Gambo did say that with Collins gone, Harris was the next guy up, but only after a trade down

Reaction score
He is saying that we got saved by the Pats because if the Pats drafted Collins instead of us, we would have drafted a running back, ruining the draft.

So he's guessing that Keim would be a jackass but he doesn't know & if he did pick a RB he's guessing again that it would be a failure but doesn't know for sure? Does that about cover it?

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True but then you’re essentially hoping that keim can continually luck into these 3-4 year players. Remember, we wouldn’t have had a new center had the raiders not inexplicably decided to get rid of Hudson. I mean, it’s not something for which keim can effectively plan.
He can't plan for it, you're right, however that's the one good thing he does do, make trades. I was just saying getting a good vet for 3-4 years is better than risking a pick that doesn't pan out in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I know it will cost a little more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He can't plan for it, you're right, however that's the one good thing he does do, make trades. I was just saying getting a good vet for 3-4 years is better than risking a pick that doesn't pan out in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I know it will cost a little more.
Or a lot more. The expense is why you can’t build solely through trades, no matter how good you are at them - and keim has proven to be amongst the best in that department.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or a lot more. The expense is why you can’t build solely through trades, no matter how good you are at them - and keim has proven to be amongst the best in that department.
I didn't mean solely through trades, that would be expensive. One or two a year while trading a pick or two for some proven vets with 3-4 good years left. That is a whole lot less riskier than drafting & missing like Keim does a whole lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal