Doug Marrone to Buffalo Bills

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Now the Browns need to fill their spot and the chance of Horton leaving this year goes way down. Unless Horton is indeed in the lead for the Cards than it likely wouldn't matter.

OP
OP
Reddog

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe we will see just how much he liked Ryan Nassib. Remember how bent Taylor Mays (a Seattle native) was when allegedly promised to be picked 14th by Pete Carroll who then passed over him for Earl Thomas? Looks like Pete picked the right guy.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Cleveland is moving on from Chip Kelly and is now interested in Ken Whisenhunt, per Mort

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone with a working knowledge of the Spanish language would have assumed that the best fit for Marrone would be with the Browns.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
so much for the

HORTON is going 2 be a hot HC material....he's not even a nibble on any teams screen.

Only been a 'Rooney Rule' candidate

after seeing the D completely quit vs. Seattle I lost all faith in him as a HC.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so much for the

HORTON is going 2 be a hot HC material....he's not even a nibble on any teams screen.

Only been a 'Rooney Rule' candidate

after seeing the D completely quit vs. Seattle I lost all faith in him as a HC.

The offense turned the ball over 8 times, I think any just about coaches D would quit given the circumstances.

As for the Bills hire. I dont get it. I admittedly dont know a lot about Marrone but I do know he was a .500 coach in the pathetic Big East. Unimpressive.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The offense turned the ball over 8 times, I think any just about coaches D would quit given the circumstances.

As for the Bills hire. I dont get it. I admittedly dont know a lot about Marrone but I do know he was a .500 coach in the pathetic Big East. Unimpressive.

It was what the dude has accomplished with what he has had that makes it so impressive.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm originally from Syracuse & I'm a diehard Orange fan. Marrone was a PHENOMENAL hire by the Bills. Marrone resurrected a dead Syracuse program & put them back on the map. His predecessor won 2 BE games in 4 years & averaged 2 wins per season. Syracuse was getting beat by 40 pts per game by BE teams! Akron came into the Dome & put up 50 on us.

He took over a program with "2 star" athletes that not only sucked on the field, but were even worse off the field. Within weeks of taking the job, he threw 18 kids off the team. We had so little depth the 1st 2 years, he had kids playing positions that they had never played at any level in their lives. Had he stayed at Syracuse, he had that Program poised to be a dominant team in the ACC. Keep an eye on the Bills! In building Syracuse, he refused to bandaid anything. He built them from the bottom up, so they could sustain. The Cardinals missed out on a GREAT coach, but he's a New Yorker, hence the Bills job. Mark my words, the Bills will win the AFC East inside of 3 years, maybe less. This guy will do for Buffalo what Payton did for New Orleans. Same kind of coach.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The new Bills president also had a Syracuse connection which made the hiring of Marrone more likely. Cleveland was hot after Marrone too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave