Doug and Wolf Are No More

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mixed feelings on Doug, but it was nice to see them give him a swan song.
I listened as I drove to work this morning. He was rolling. They did a "Top 5 moments from the last 15 years" bit and at the end of it he said "Oops, I forgot to close that segment. Maybe if I did better closes I wouldn't be getting canned..."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not a Franz fan but the show will take a huge hit without him. They should gone all out for Oehler and created a monopoly.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I listen to all 3 podcasts at work every night with my Bose QC wireless ear buds. I take the good & the bad with each show. Living in Louisville, Ky I don't get any Arizona Cardinals talk. So it's 98.7, this board & my Sunday ticket package with Directv for the games. I'll listen to whoever 98.7 puts on each show & roll with it for the Cardinals talk.
THIS!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Listening to this show now at noon is so boring. They have way toned down Wolf to where he is soft spoken football knowledge guy

There must’ve been a ton of drama behind the scenes for the station to make that change. Wolf needs a driver and someone to challenge his takes from time to time.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Listening to this show now at noon is so boring. They have way toned down Wolf to where he is soft spoken football knowledge guy

That is why I love Bob Kemp. He never sold out for money. He would take any shift in order to berate bad callers and criticize the Arizona franchises whenever he felt it appropriate. I have been listening to him since he was doing overnights in the early 90s on Sports Entertainment Network. I remember him berating a caller over talking hockey because he refused to discuss it. He once even berated me off the air over a prank phone call in 1993 when I said Steve Bono was better than Joe Montana

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is why I love Bob Kemp. He never sold out for money. He would take any shift in order to berate bad callers and criticize the Arizona franchises whenever he felt it appropriate. I have been listening to him since he was doing overnights in the early 90s on Sports Entertainment Network. I remember him berating a caller over talking hockey because he refused to discuss it. He once even berated me off the air over a prank phone call in 1993 when I said Steve Bono was better than Joe Montana

I like Kemp as well but I am just not doing AM radio anymore.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Amazing to me that we're supposedly top 5 growing cities and yet have only 1 sports radio station. And the sports radio talent is pathetic. Not just on the radio but in "print" and online also. This is a city with a World Series, multiple basketball playoff runs, and a decent decade of football.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Amazing to me that we're supposedly top 5 growing cities and yet have only 1 sports radio station. And the sports radio talent is pathetic. Not just on the radio but in "print" and online also. This is a city with a World Series, multiple basketball playoff runs, and a decent decade of football.

Agreed Homer! The problem is that we have a bunch of bandwagon fans from other markets. Did you hear the Vikings fans causing issues with our snaps early on with loud noise…IN OUR OWN HOUSE.