Donald J. Trump: 45th POTUS

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Brian in Mesa, Jan 20, 2017.

1. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Has anyone ever confirmed that Trump dumped Epstein years ago? I mean, it's not like Trump would make something like that up.....

LarryStalling likes this.
  2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Well yeah there's that too for all we know someone will find pics of them from a month ago and post them any day now.

But this is literally what Trump meant by I could shoot someone and my base wouldn't care. They're actually saying even if it comes out that Trump knew about Epstein and did nothing, they're fine with it. The mere fact that they believe Trump distanced himself from Epstein is good enough for them.

3. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

To be fair Bill Clinton flew on the Lolita Express about 97 times back in the day and Dems were all suspiciously quiet when that came out.

If guilt by association was a career killer half of Washington would be on trial.

Trump is so dirty. We need a REAL smoking gun.

4. UncleChris

Bill Clinton has not held public office for nearly 20 years......

5. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Guys, there is no “smoking gun” that will make any difference. When he first took office, I thought with enough evidence of the awfulness of this man there would eventually be a point when the levee breaks.

It won’t though. It will hold regardless of what he says or does and the day it’s over, all will deny they were ever part of the support.

elindholm and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  6. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Imbecile.

7. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

nashman and Russ Smith like this.
  8. Russ Smith

Agreed although personally I've said it a million times I don't like Bill clinton and I always felt HRC not divorcing him was a problem for my ability to see her as a potential POTUS. I know people say 2nd chance and all that but with all the stories about his womanizing, even if the Epstein stuff with him were false, I still had a hard time not thinking she stayed married to him for political expediency.

But I feel the same way about Bill, if he knew and did nothing that's criminal IMO. Of course my assumption for why someone would know and do nothing is they were probably involved themselves.

LarryStalling likes this.
  9. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I can hear the nuts now: "He's a changed man, a Christian man...besides, they're women now."

10. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Everybody knew Bill Clinton was a horn dog but Hillary was in a somewhat difficult situation regarding divorcing him. On one hand if she divorces him she upsets some Christians who say you are married for life no matter what. Then on the flip side she upset others by not divorcing him over his cheating. Also Personally I think she should have divorced him and let the chips fall.

11. Russ Smith

I think my take is also personal. As a child of divorce I know how tough it is in the family, but I also know how tough it was for my parents to stay married as long as they did, "for the kids".

If I believed HRC stayed with him over loyalty that would be different I've just always believed it was a political decision. I've changed a bit on her over the years I went from if she can't make a tough decision like divorce how could she be POTUS to she's done lots of things in her career that were tough to do so she probably would have been a good POTUS too.

But if Bill was rolling with Epstein I don't care how long ago it puts him and her in the same situation if they knew and did nothing.

12. LarryStalling

LarryStalling Registered

Missing an important point. Did she feel like if she divorced him that she could not be successful in running for President because it certainly looks to me like that was her career path.

Russ Smith likes this.
  13. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

I think that factored in also.

14. Russ Smith

Agreed. I know it's easy for me to say too it's not my decision. Who knows it's easy to say if she weren't married to Bill she wouldn't have been in politics at all, she may well have been anyways.

I've softened on her in large part because seeing what an epic disaster Trump is I appreciate the good in HRC much more now.

nashman likes this.
  15. UncleChris

According to what they've said since, Bill was a sex addict. In several heart to heart talks, HRC told him that he had to get help.... SERIOUS help..... or that it was over. Period.

There were many factors involved in them staying together, most of which we do not know. Remember too that they had been married many years and had a teenage child. While some of you might have decided differently, I have no problem with their decision to stay together, based upon the little I know.