Dolphins to trade OT Martin

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, after hearing everything, he is a terrible LT and this that is all I care about, no thank you. We have Massie at RT for next year and don't need another bad LT.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have doubts abut how he handles what life and circumstance bring to his door . His mental makeup screams buyer beware .

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No effing way. He's not very good for starters, and one thing that I absolutely can not tolerate is drama queens, in personal life, professional life or on the teams I root for. As much as I hate Incognito (and it's a deep hate) Martin's actions that are known are incredibly suspect. He's not a leader.

WHEN we get our LT of the future, I want him to be the leader of the OL.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't, not even as a bench player. I think it is telling that not many in that locker room came to his defense. As reprehensible a human being as Incognito seems to be, he had by far the most support from his teammates (at least from what I read).

Also, he doesn't appear to be a very good OL anyway.

Pass. Get one in the draft.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
No effing way. He's not very good for starters, and one thing that I absolutely can not tolerate is drama queens, in personal life, professional life or on the teams I root for. As much as I hate Incognito (and it's a deep hate) Martin's actions that are known are incredibly suspect. He's not a leader.

I pretty much agree with everything you say. Good post.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Not a word about his on-field potential. Ever seen him play?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd look into it. He's been in the league 2 years and been a starter for 2 years, he has some talent. It's hard to tell what the "real' story is.

The guy made a mistake walking away from his team. Do you consider that worse than a guy like Dwash that gets suspended multiple games by putting himself ahead of the team? Martin didn't break any laws.

Guys make mistakes, he can play, I'd give him a chance.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
No! He is worse than Levi Brown.

Yep!!!

There's a reason the Fins acquired Bryant McKinnie! Martin was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad & snitches won't be tolerated in the lockerroom. The only way he would be on my team is if the Fins traded us a 1st or 2nd rounder. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's good enough to take the risk of potential chemistry issues.

Nice kid, I think Incognito is a huge *******, but in the end I don't think Martin is wired to succeed in the NFL either.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one will touch him...except Belichik who will sign him and he will become a perennial All Pro.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Hes not very good bottom line. He started on the Fins by default at RT, was garbage, moved him to LT to replace Long and was so bad they signed 48 year old Bryant McKInnie to replacem him earlier this season. Not concidentally at the same time his "issues" popped up.

Oh he started and is young so he must be good! sigh......

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
All the drama spells low round pick for him. 5-7rd. I have not watched him play this year, but if the Cards coaches were to trade for him then I would think the guy had to show some talent. I am hoping that we draft our LT OTF in the upcoming draft. Matthews and Koujo are my favorites so far.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if he wasnt crazy, the guy a lousy player. Factor in crazy and I wouldnt take him for free.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kind of amazed by how many people think he's "crazy" or a "drama queen." Incognito's a crazy SOB, and we all knew that with him in our division for so many years.

With that said, I have no problems with questioning his talent. I'd be willing to give up a 7th rounder for him to replace Sowell or Potter, but nothing more. We need to look elsewhere to shore up LT.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to know how we got all these Dolphin fans who KNOW he's terrible. I'd almost bet nobody has seen him play nearly enough to know if he's any good, or not.

But I guess it's pretty easy to say a guy sucks without really having a clue.

I don't know if he was good but teams don't usually start their worst players, especially rookies.

I'd take him over Sowell right now.