Dolphins request interview with Vance Joseph.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Really curious Vance's answers about developing LBs. At least what has happened with Simmons. I fully expect him to say he wanted Jaelan Phillips instead of Collins, lol

Giving Stafford another early playoff exit should help with his HC chances.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins[edit]​

Joseph was announced as the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for the 2016 season under head coach Adam Gase. Joseph oversaw a defense that played a key role in the Dolphins returning to the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons. Despite having to use 13 different starting lineups due to injury, Joseph’s defense ranked fourth in the NFL on third downs (36.2%) while forcing the sixth-most negative plays (107) in the league.[2] The Dolphins won nine of their final 11 regular-season games in 2016 with Joseph’s defense accounting for the fourth-most takeaways (21) in the NFL during that stretch.

They already have had a preview.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is more about the Dolphins Owner saving face / doing a mea culpa after firing Flores, which left many (incl alot on this board) scratching their head and questioning the real intent. Basically the owner saying, "see, you can't call me a racist if I immediately interview another black candidate the day after this firing". Firmly think it will take time but Harbaugh will leave Michigan for this job.

If Vance leaves this offseason, it will def be with another team that's not the Dolphins.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would we still get 2 third round draft picks? Or does the fact that he was previously a head coach negate that?
Good question. If we do get those, Poof be gone VJ.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This is more about the Dolphins Owner saving face / doing a mea culpa after firing Flores, which left many (incl alot on this board) scratching their head and questioning the real intent. Basically the owner saying, "see, you can't call me a racist if I immediately interview another black candidate the day after this firing". Firmly think it will take time but Harbaugh will leave Michigan for this job.

If Vance leaves this offseason, it will def be with another team that's not the Dolphins.
You making stuff up? Vance is legit, look at Von Miller next Monday if you want to see what Vance is trying to do with Simmons and Collins, in fact getting Miller was a brilliant move by then Rams, as he knows our DC! like deep and wide

wish they would get rid of the Rooney rule, it’s kind of embarrassing to America and the free world. Vance don’t get strokes mfer he gives em, ask Jimmy Brown, any given Sunday hehe

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You making stuff up? Vance is legit, look at Von Miller next Monday if you want to see what Vance is trying to do with Simmons and Collins, in fact getting Miller was a brilliant move by then Rams, as he knows our DC! like deep and wide

wish they would get rid of the Rooney rule, it’s kind of embarrassing to America and the free world. Vance don’t get strokes mfer he gives em, ask Jimmy Brown, any given Sunday hehe
Racism is dead right? SMFH

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins[edit]​

Joseph was announced as the defensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins for the 2016 season under head coach Adam Gase. Joseph oversaw a defense that played a key role in the Dolphins returning to the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons. Despite having to use 13 different starting lineups due to injury, Joseph’s defense ranked fourth in the NFL on third downs (36.2%) while forcing the sixth-most negative plays (107) in the league.[2] The Dolphins won nine of their final 11 regular-season games in 2016 with Joseph’s defense accounting for the fourth-most takeaways (21) in the NFL during that stretch.

They already have had a preview.

But his system is so, so complicated.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Racism is dead right? SMFH
What SMFH stand for? I really don’t know - oh shaking my fing head, ok - racism ain’t dead, I’m traveling the world a lot and see a ton of it. Some still physical, most is mental or emotional. Here in chile very little diversity, they rioted over raising bus fare a nickel, now rewriting their 1980 American style constitution. more like when America formed Union to break up monopolies, get more to the workers. government controls their natural resources industry like fish and mining. Actually uses it better then most with less but some corruption, providing free or low cost healthcare, subsidizing housing and transportation. But see few or no common people catching their own fish, or changing their own stars by mining gold or whatever. But start a business and pay some lowest taxes in the world. in a decent, safe economy with high standard of living.

Sorry I’m actually writing about this stuff, got long winded. But in America a coach or person of any color, culture, creed, gender has freedom to earn their opportunity. Easier for some then others, have privilege and non privileged in every walk of life. I’m not going to apologize for believing that. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, many changes in my 57 Years. Just saying Vance and NFL coaches earn their shots, long hours. Dedication to their trade over a lifetime. I celebrate Arizona, Phoenix specifically - no China town or separate neighborhoods, but door to door and person from any place any culture in the world can earn their dream. change their stars. it is not like that everywhere. Not here, Russia, Europe, domican republic, Mexico, Canada, ain’t checked out Asia yet in person, but billions are oppressed there.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see it, but if it happens i ll be happy if he offers a draft pick for Jordan Hicks or a players swap
Hicks /jerome baker... Dreaming is free

Last edited: