Dodgers @ Dbacks Series Thread

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok I'm officially over these base running errors

We did this last night too. Killed what started as a really good inning.

PS, posting from the game, there are WAY TOO MANY Doyer fans here. Cmon Dbacks fans, come to a game once in a while! I'd say it's 50:50 in here, the Dodger fans are just obnoxious. Shocker.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I feel like Thomas would be better off playing deeper in right all the time. He has had several balls go just over his head... I don't think he is quick enough to play in and recover the way a standard OF can. Or maybe just bad luck. Just sayin

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dbacks need to answer this. Dodgers are bullying them right now, their obnoxious fans are loud... Dbacks need to hit back. Big brother is feeling very big right now...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ray with a nice bounce back last 2 innings. We need some runs boys!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Robby Ray fights through another tough, scoreless inning. I know he gave up 4 but the kid has impressed in the last 3 innings. Great recovery, keeping us in it. Need some offense like now

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hill!

4-1 dodgers. Dbacks on the board.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Here's the difference between being a legit contender and a so-so team... We avoid - Again - Kershaw and Grienke, and we still can't win the series... No bueno!!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well said 82

Need 2 in the 9th. My seats keep getting better and better. Lol

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This team fights tho. I give them that forsure. No quit in them like previous years.

I went to two games of this series. The talent/confidence gap between these two teams is pretty clear. Same amount of hits but Dodgers show them the difference between getting hits and plating runs. Dbacks can get there, but they aren't there yet.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
'Getting polluted? :)

OK, what was the story?

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."

Mark Grace

(Dont shoot the messenger ladies)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."

Mark Grace

(Dont shoot the messenger ladies)
Thanks for the description.

There are two ballplayers I could see playing that role. Mark Grace and Pete Rose.

Actually, there are three more from the '50's. The Yankees gang of Whitey Ford, Billy Martin and Mickey Mantle.

All immature and not too bright!

And for an announcer to do the play-by-play. Daron Sutton.