Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the legends are leaving us.

Rest in Peace, Vin Scully.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I was a kid in the 80s Dodger games on the radio were a constant in our house. I will always be able to hear his voice in my head.

Rest in piece Vin.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
One of the all time greats in his field. Those of us who grew up watching baseball (not to mention Dodgers fans, of course) in the 1970s through 2000s have many fond memories of his distinctive broadcasting style. He will be greatly missed by all true baseball fans.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
"It's time for Dogger baseball!"

I was another one who cut his baseball teeth listening to Vin Scully do Dodger games in the 70's.

I think you can sum him up from one of his famous Farmer John ads - he was "Easternmost in quality and Westernmost in flavor."

RIP Vin, your broadcasts were one of the few things my father and I could come to agreement on.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a small transistor radio that I could get just in the right position to listen to the LA station (KTLA?) that broadcast Dodgers games. Vin Scully could announce a game so great it almost seemed like I was there in the ballpark. Great memories of listening to a great, great broadcaster.
R.I.P. Mr. Scully.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson