Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Really, nobody posted this yet?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now, THIS is solid marketing. Gives enough hints back to the original AND uses the iconic score to end the trailer giving nostalgia feels.

that said, I'm going to have to read some pretty good reviews before seeing this.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing that makes it watchable for me is that Stephen King wrote the book for this as well. It's not like it's a movie based on the original as some sort of a knockoff(think Jurassic Park movies after Lost World), it's a sequel that was also a book written by King. Shelly Duvall needs to be in this.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doctor Sleep

Release date: November 8, 2019
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Mike Flanagan
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Thriller, Horror, Suspense

Starring: Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Zahn McClarnon, Carl Lumbly, Alex Essoe, Kyliegh Curran, Bruce Greenwood, Emily Alyn Lind, Jacob Tremblay

Plot Summary: Warner Bros. Pictures have enlisted Mike Flanagan to direct "Doctor Sleep," the follow-up to King’s classic "The Shining." Published 36 years after "The Shining," "Doctor Sleep" follows an adult Danny Torrance from the original novel. Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel, where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant shining power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.” There Dan meets Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that makes it watchable for me is that Stephen King wrote the book for this as well. It's not like it's a movie based on the original as some sort of a knockoff(think Jurassic Park movies after Lost World), it's a sequel that was also a book written by King. Shelly Duvall needs to be in this.

That would never happen. Stephen King hated Kubrick's The Shining and especially bashed Duvall's version of Wendy:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ste...ut-How-Much-He-Hates-Shining-Again-68032.html

"Shelley Duvall as Wendy is really one of the most misogynistic characters ever put on film, she's basically just there to scream and be stupid and that's not the woman that I wrote about." - Stephen King

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This was OK. Not nearly as scary as I was expecting. More than anything, it made me want to rewatch the original. Haven't seen it since I was a kid.