Do you think Arians was more at fault for the last few drafts than Keim?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DVontel, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

On a real level, you can't separate the two. Acting like a douche as a poster will hurt your ability to be seen as a fair moderator. It's already been an issue on here.

Yes, you have. You scream from the hilltops that it's a FACT that Rosen sucks, and anyone who can't acknowledge that is an idiot, then you go on to rail about it everywhere, all the time. Well, I think it's delusional (yours is the only truth! lol), and I think your posts recently on this thread have been childish.

Now, go ahead and tell me I don't risk a banning because you're a frigging moderator and I'm taking a strong stance against your posts. It's happened to others.

cardpa, wit3card and Solar7 like this.
  2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Moderators are allowed to have their own opinions here. I am not some paid representative of the board. I am really only here to break up fights that go to far, get rid of spammers. Edit thread titles as requested. Ect...

It's not particularly fun, especially when literally anytime someone disagrees with your opinion they make it about me the person as a moderator and not the opinion.

I welcome you to disagree with my opinion. Heck I have been called a "Murray Nuthugger" on multiple threads and haven't edited, moderated, warned someone...anything.

Okay that isn't moderating you. Moderating you would be deleting your posts, editing your posts, or banning you.

The only "power" I am wielding in these discussions is opinions backed by data. You have the exact same power that I do here. Defend Rosen all you want. Find things that back up your opinion and post them. Or don't find any data / facts and post purely on emotion and gut. It's whatever you want within the posted rules of the board.

I welcome discussion and viewpoints on this message board. I welcome you to disagree with me, agree with me, whatever you like.

Okay...you don't risk a banning for taking a strong stance against my posts.

daves likes this.
  3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

As a mod on another major board system, for whatever that's worth, I'm with Stout that it's pretty impossible to split the poster from the mod. I don't think anyone on ASFN is particularly ban happy, and you're all good mods, so it doesn't matter, but it can tend to get personal.

One of the issues is, we just don't have objective truth in football. When you tell me the stats are "just the facts" in regards to Rosen, I look back at his play and the eye test tells me a lot different. Does it tell me he was good? Obviously not, but that everything around him can and did go wrong. It just breeds frustration when getting lambasted for being negative despite legitimate concerns.

4. Chris_Sanders

This board has been consistent since it's foundation. Moderators can post their opinions here and are subject to the same rules as everyone else. If that changed, then I would probably just stop being a moderator. That's why I am not just throwing up my hands and saying "Fine I just won't post about Rosen anymore" because there is no end to that in a forum where people disagree.

I am really tired of people debating me and not my opinions. That is the core of this board is debate the topic not the poster.

That is perfect response to my opinion. I even agree with it some.

This isn't me though and it isn't fair to lump me in the same group as everyone else when I have actually agreed with some of your concerns.

daves and cardncubfan like this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Well, one way or another, I hope you know I have no beef with you! I like you a lot. For whatever it's worth.

Stout, cardncubfan and Chris_Sanders like this.
  6. Chris_Sanders

I feel the same way

7. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Arians was the right hire at the time. He is a good coach with a Veteran team. I think the whole QB whisper thing is over blown.

Problem was Arians team got old fast (Oldest NFL roster in 2017) and the young players that BASK brought in to replace them were busts for the most part. I think that Keim and Arians were both to blame for those bad drafts.

daves and b8rtm8nn like this.
  8. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

I will never let Keim off the hook for his failures on and off the field. Many of his drafts have fubar

Cardsfaninlouky and Stout like this.
  9. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

I'm right there with you!

Chris, your hatred of Rosen is just grating on me, and between all the Rosen hate and KM is God vomit-inducing slobber fest, I'm getting fed up with the opinions around here. Otherwise, I've always enjoyed you as a poster. You went pretty hard at it lately, so my sick-and-tiredness landed on you. I still have concerns that real arguments with mods on opinions can lead to a "you're out of bounds, buddy" banning, but hey...we're all Cards fans here, so all good.

10. Chris_Sanders

Okay well I am going to take a "No Rosen stance" until the regular season starts.

I do think it will be fun to track Rosen's rookie year and next year versus Murray's.

I will hold Murray to the same standard I held Rosen too. Besides, it will be fun if I am wrong about Rosen. It meant I should have trusted my eyes not the stats.

b8rtm8nn and daves like this.
  11. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

It's definitely Keim's fault; as General Manager, he is responsible for ALL actions that happen with the football team. Scouting, coaching, the cafeterias food quality. Everything.

When he took over, the Cardinals some how won 10 games in his first year. IMO that was a mirage; the team was winning with a lot of older players, and needed a youth infusion. Instead, they doubled down on vets and guys they thought could be fits (Niklas) instead of drafting guys that were value picks.

The team was successful for three years, but age and the law of averages caught up to them.

Covert Rain likes this.
  12. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Imo, it's like this, obviously, there's fans on this board that have high hopes for KM, me included. Then there's the ones that are very skeptical, but still have high hopes, we as Cardinals fans should all have high hopes & if not, then we're not Cardinals fans at all? We should all have optimism but be just a tad skeptical at the same time, if there's not just the least little bit of skepticism then we're setting ourselves up for an even worse let down if he doesn't live up to the hype? There's no doubt this kid has talent & knows the system well, there's no denying that, how that will translate to the NFL & how the teams adjust to it is the burning question? I'm not gonna compare him to any other QB until he proves his worth on the field, but I get some of what PACARDS fan is saying. He has speed better than MV & is more elusive than RW & can throw the ball while scrambling with accuracy, all this was shown in college though & that's all we can go off of right now. I can't stand the "Shehawks" or RW for obvious reasons but he is a SB winning QB. Time will tell on KM. Go Cards.

daves likes this.
  13. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

But did you not like this yrs draft? If not why? I thought he killed it, possibly the best draft of all the team's this yr? Worst case scenario, top 5. That's my opinion obviously.

14. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

He had a good draft but we won't really know for a few years. Until these guys prove themselves, this draft is not relevant to his failures on and off the field in previous years.

Cardsfaninlouky and Solar7 like this.
  15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Go Cards, of course, but I feel like a jilted lover that is trying to be won back.

Since 2004 or so, it felt like we were really, really trying. Denny Green was a major change in the franchise, Whiz brought Super Bowl momentum, Arians was a sound hire... and then we go and get Wilks. I guess I get it, but that coaching search, along with the lack of QB, fell supremely flat on the hype level. I defended Wilks, but I wasn't extremely excited.

This offseason in following seems like a grand gesture from someone trying to get me back that fails to acknowledge why it failed in the first place. It's flashy, but lacks substance.

Here's hoping, but I'll need to be proven wrong.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.