DJ Swearinger

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, May 22, 2019.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

If he plays like he did for us prior and his time at Washington, I sincerely hope they can get an extension in place before this season is over with. Yes, he may get a little out of hand emotionally but he reminds me a lot of Adrian Wilson in his play and a definite identity for a defense. If we have available cap space going into next year, let's not play musical chairs again with this guy
    :newcards:

2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I mostly agree, but there's a reason we've acquired him off of waivers/the street twice. I really like him, but pay with caution. He's gotten a good chunk of change, and will probably look for it again. Props to the guy for maximizing his value, but I wouldn't be surprised if next year's starters are Baker, Thompson, and one of the quality starters that always seem to find themselves on the market at a cheap price.

3. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Receivers will tread lightly coming across the middle. I couldn’t believe we let him walk 2 years ago. Very intimidating.

Jetstream Green likes this.
  4. Jetstream Green

I know we're on the hook for paying Rosen but even him and Murray do not come close to the hit one legit veteran QB will command on a roster. My point, and I do like Thompson for what he has a chance of becoming, is we take advantage of that rookie QB contract and do not let a guy like Swearinger walk because even if he talked coach smack at Washington because he thinks losing sucks (I can accept that attitude)... we brought him back after a sample season and I think it was about money more than anything, and why the hell have constant turnover when you do have cap space and the man fits the job

5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Because the safety market is flushed. You can save the money and replace the player without too much concern. Tre Boston is a good player who is going to get next-to-nothing to play. Eric Berry was considered one of the best in the league, and is still looking for a job, even though I think everyone would pick him over Swearinger.

Don't waste guaranteed money on someone who has proven himself expendable.

6. Jetstream Green

With all respect to a great player which Berry once was, there is hardly 'everyone' who would cite Berry as a better player than Swearinger now. Berry is older, sustained a torn ACL, valiantly fought off cancer, ruptured his Achilles, then found out he has a bone spur problem during his Achilles recovery... reasons why a guy like Swearinger is currently on a roster and Berry is not

cardsfanmd, dscher and Krangthebrain like this.