DJ Avicii dead at age 28

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2013, Avicii released his debut studio album, True, which featured the game-changing, massive international hit "Wake Me Up!" ft. Aloe Blacc. Combining EDM, folk and country music, the song became a No. 1 hit in many countries and peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. His second album, Stories, dropped in 2015 and featured vocals from Chris Martin, Wyclef Jean, Robbie Williams, Matisyahu, Brandon Flowers, Gavin DeGraw and more. The EP Avīci (01) came out in Aug. 2017 and featured his Rita Ora collaboration "Lonely Together."

You must be registered for see images

Avicii's health issues were known to the public for several years prior to his death. He suffered from acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. In 2014, he canceled numerous shows in order to recover after having his gallbladder and appendix removed.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit my ignorance--I didn't realize that the guy singing "Wake Me Up" wasn't Avicii. Love the song; gone way too young. What a shame.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My little brother is a Dj, part time now used to be full time. He posted about this over the weekend on FB, I have to admit I had no idea who Avicii was until I googled him.

That is crazy young to have those kind of health issues sounds like the last few years of his life were pretty difficult.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, very talented artist, man he was so young. Levels is probably his most popular single as it is played everywhere including sporting events.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave