Divergent

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Divergent

Release Date: March 20, 2014 (2D theaters and IMAX, p.m. screenings)
Studio: Summit Entertainment (Lionsgate)
Director: Neil Burger
Screenwriter: Vanessa Taylor, Evan Daugherty
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense violence and action, thematic elements and some sensuality)

Starring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoё Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, Kate Winslet

Plot Summary: "Divergent" is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. Based on the best-selling book series by Veronica Roth.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My daughter is reading the book and LOVES it.

I have two (adult) sisters who have read it and also LOVE it. They were afraid from the previews that this movie was going to have a Twilight vibe but they said it didn't and was actually really good, though quite a bit different from the book. Usually I would wait for BIM or Shane's opinion because usually we like the same movies but I think this is worth a watch, I will see it this weekend.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, my daughter loving a book is not exactly a huge endorsement but neverless, she likes it.

she also loves hunger games and twilight so, yeah.

Percy jackson too.

Current obsessed with teen wolf and one of the lead charectors.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as there is not the obligatory "Love Triangle" I am in. Most tired plot line ever...

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
As long as there is not the obligatory "Love Triangle" I am in. Most tired plot line ever...

Not a love triangle but surely a love story. As a male I read the books and found them to be quite good since there is more to the trilogy then just the love story.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going with the whole fam-damily this Sunday. I'll report afterwards.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not a love triangle but surely a love story. As a male I read the books and found them to be quite good since there is more to the trilogy then just the love story.

Cool, love stories I can handle. It's just the love Twiangle I'm sick of.. (U see what I did there, Twiangle!) Hahahah, No? ok sorry... ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No thanks on the books or the movies. The preview made me think I was having another 'this looks like a Stephanie Meyer movie--oh look, it IS a Stephanie Meyer movie' moment like I had with...er, that other movie lol Not a good sign for me.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Meh. Teen girl fest. OK story line, but a bit too predictable.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No thanks on the books or the movies. The preview made me think I was having another 'this looks like a Stephanie Meyer movie--oh look, it IS a Stephanie Meyer movie' moment like I had with...er, that other movie lol Not a good sign for me.

If you're talking about The Host, this movie will have to try very, very hard to be as bad as that huge steaming pile of a movie. That movie was so bad it was comical.

This isn't the same author though so I will give it a chance.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you're talking about The Host, this movie will have to try very, very hard to be as bad as that huge steaming pile of a movie. That movie was so bad it was comical.

This isn't the same author though so I will give it a chance.

Right, the Host, that was it. No, it wasn't the same author, but the trailers were so very similar. The vibe was the same, the cast looked the same, the outfits looked the same, etc. No thanks.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Meh. Teen girl fest. OK story line, but a bit too predictable.

The second and more so the third movies if they follow the book are not predictable and do not end in the way most love stories do. That is why I loved the book series. There were some serious jaw dropping moments.

Sent from an old telephone booth using Tapatalk 2

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Right, the Host, that was it. No, it wasn't the same author, but the trailers were so very similar. The vibe was the same, the cast looked the same, the outfits looked the same, etc. No thanks.

I'm not really interested in this movie either, but Kate Winslet makes this movie the best casting out of all of its type.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought is was fairly good.... certainly better than the Hunger Games. Yeah, it had a few plot anomalies, but the good guys were good, the bad guys were great (you wanted to stick your finger knuckle-deep in Peter's eye and take after Eric with a 5 D-Cell flashlight), and the heroine more like a real person and less like a beauty queen.

3 out of 5 stars.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought is was fairly good.... certainly better than the Hunger Games. Yeah, it had a few plot anomalies, but the good guys were good, the bad guys were great (you wanted to stick your finger knuckle-deep in Peter's eye and take after Eric with a 5 D-Cell flashlight), and the heroine more like a real person and less like a beauty queen.

3 out of 5 stars.

Surprise!

Agree it was entertaining and for movie 1 it was far and away better than the hunger games movie 1 which was atrocious.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Just saw it..really liked it. Have not read the books but wife gave me the two minute overview going in.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter is begging me to go see this. I have to go see Cap this weekend first and maybe take her to see this later.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A producer for this went to my grade school and high school. But I won't see it. Since I am not a girl.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprise!

Agree it was entertaining and for movie 1 it was far and away better than the hunger games movie 1 which was atrocious.

I agree with this. I was pleasantly surprised. When my daughter explained the premise to me, it seemed like some kind of Hunger Games ripoff, so I had low expectations.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw this, enjoyable movie. Predictable a bit but still enjoyable. Will be watching the sequel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave