Digital tickets in -Scalpers out

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by forever red, Jul 19, 2019.

1. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

Even when flying in from out of town? I’d be so scared. I want to know and pick exactly where I sit so I’m not flying 6 hours to sit in some bad seats. I don’t know any of my friends 35 or younger who use scalpers. We find the cheapest fee from the 5 or 6 other secondary markets with a low charge. I never use stubhub plenty of better places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wa52lz

wa52lz Registered

$15?!?! you over paid

3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I live in Mesa.

I've bought tickets online but I've gotten smoking deals outside the stadium too.

4. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

I had season tickets for $10 a game and would just move to mid field where there was no one sitting

Krangthebrain likes this.
  5. WildBB

WildBB GL - MG!

I'd say over half or more of opposing fans that come out live right here in AZ. Esp. Cowturds, Minny, ect.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  6. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

And plenty of those fans in opposing jerseys "for that one game" show up in Cardinals red the rest of the year. Bleh.

7. BigRedRage

Thats better than only showing up for their team IMO. Nothing wrong with being a fan of your hometown team and your new home team.

wa52lz likes this.
  8. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Meh. Choose a team and support it 100%. Fake Cards' fan if you show up in red each week "except when your REAL team is there."

Ronin likes this.
  9. BigRedRage

Easy for me to think that way because I was born and raised here but if I moved to Baltimore, I would support the Ravens AND the cardinals. I'm not a fan of telling people what to do or how to live their lives, especially over trivial crap like sports.

10. splitsecond

splitsecond Registered

Now that I have mine in hand... I absolutely LOVE this. Number one, it will be easy to identify season ticket holders and moreover, which sections are owned by scalpers. Number 2, the lanyard / card combo definitely gives the amount of money we spend on these things yearly a much more tangible aspect. I also think going pure digital is going to help resale value for those of us who have an extra ticket here or there for some games.

11. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

I have a hard time with that. I was born in San Diego, and for most of my life Arizona did not have a football team. So my house was a Charger house. I actually went to games since Yuma was halfway between Phoenix and San Diego. Then AZ finally got a team, but Bill Bidwell did his best to make football unwatchable in AZ. I had kids who grew up in a Chargers household, so to this day, they watch and follow the Chargers. I am probably the only one in my family that follows the Cards closely. Any time the Cards played the Chargers, that was the Yuma Super Bowl, again since both teams were equally close to Yuma at the time. We would actually have Yuma Super Bowls when the Chargers and Cards played.

It's funny because the Suns and Clippers are the opposite. AZ had a basketball team way before San Diego. So our household are big time Suns fans. We never did go to Clipper games. We were such big Suns fans we just came up to Phoenix when we wanted to see basketball games.

It's funny, if we do go to a Cards/Chargers game here in Phoenix, we just wear regular clothes. No football jerseys. We kind of feel AZ is the home team, so we should not diss them by wearing Charger gear. We go nuetral in those games.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  12. Cuozzo

Cuozzo Is it weird that I wanna do it even more now?

Minor correction: The San Diego Rockets came into the NBA for the 1967-1968 season, with the Suns coming in the next season - 1968-1969. Of course, the Rockets moved to Houston for 1971-1972.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  13. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

Wrong!

The franchise was founded in 1970 as the Buffalo Braves, and were one of three expansion teams to join the NBA for the upcoming season. The Braves saw some playoff success, led by league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Bob McAdoo, but conflicts with Canisius Golden Griffins over the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium led to the team relocating from Buffalo, New York, to San Diego, California, in 1978, becoming known as the San Diego Clippers. In 1984, The Clippers moved to Los Angeles.

14. Cuozzo

Cuozzo Is it weird that I wanna do it even more now?

I don't understand this. San Diego had a team before Phoenix did (by only one season though).

You don't need to lecture me on franchise histories...I run a whole site dedicated to this kind of stuff. (I've got an extensive relational database of franchise histories.)

jf-08 and Brian in Mesa like this.
  15. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

The Rockets were in SD before moving to Houston. The Braves relocated to SD. Two totally different franchises.