Digital tickets in -Scalpers out

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by forever red, Jul 19, 2019.

1. forever red

forever red Free Agent

Looks like the NFL has come up with a foolproof way to prevent scalpers from selling tickets on game day which means opposing fans will have a hard time getting seats.Since there are no longer any hard copy pdf tickets the only way to transfer tickets is electronically . Since the ticket recipient won't be able to transfer received tickets there does not appear anyway that scalpers will be able to walk around the stadium on game days and sell tickets to fans from opposing teams. In the short term this seems like a great idea. I do wonder thought whether some STH will cancel their tickets knowing as a practical matter there is really no way to sell those tickets on game day if at the last minute they can't go.

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

What about someone who buys tic ar once for whole family? Or ,friends/colleagues/clients?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  3. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Are the parking passes going digital as well? Usually when you take away options that customers have had before, it isn't a good thing.

4. wa52lz

wa52lz Registered

It forces people to sell the tickets via StubHub and Ticketmaster, etc. making them more money. Makes you wonder who was pushing for this. Definitely lots of grumbling between our season ticket holder group, seems like it is going to make it more difficult to pass out tickets, etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the whole thing works this season.

Solar7 likes this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

The Knights do this here.

Definitely a pain in the ass. I have had many situations as a season ticket holder where someone canceled on me at the last minute, or I couldn't make the flight... whatever.

Now I'd be SOL, and of course, they get their additional chunk of coin.

6. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Tickets aren't digital, they will be like a credit card. Already talked to the Cardinals today about it.

You get one credit card per account.

They are only digital for early entry to the stadium during training camp. You can transfer the right to go in early though in the app

7. Chris_Sanders

I have zero idea how this will work with resale though.

8. Chris_Sanders

You give them the credit card and they can go

Suns do this but let you take screen shots so super easy to use.

9. Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal Registered Contributor

You can choose either method to go to games, according to the "Welcome Packet" they're sending out. I received an RFID card for each seat, and the pamphlet says you can instead choose to use the Cardinals app to display the barcode on your phone.

10. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

Who the hell buys tickets outside the stadium anymore? This won’t change the amount of opposing team fans getting them. Anyone who travels to see their team in AZ is going to buy their tickets way before they step on their flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azsouthendzone likes this.
  11. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

Ahhhhh I remember the good ole days at SDS when I would show up up and wait until kick off and get a ticket for $15 lol

12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

When I went to ASU, buying tickets outside the stadium was a common occurrence for us. It'd be one of those "yeah, tailgating sounds fun and we'll see if we can snag some cheap tickets" kind of spur of the moment plans.

Not trying to defend scalpers, but StubHub and the like have huge markups and fees, and aren't very useful if you're trying to get some kind of return on investment for a last minute cancellation.

Two years ago I flew in with a friend for a game and we had a huge falling out around 4 AM on the morning of the game. I was able to at least get back $70 on my ticket, which was nice considering I didn't have a computer or anything to post the ticket.

13. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I do sometimes

wa52lz likes this.
  14. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Still not a problem. When I had Eagles season tickets, they were all electronic. I would just email the ticket to whoever wanted them.

15. BurqueCardFan

BurqueCardFan Registered

I just did my first transaction with the new system. Seems like a fairly easy system to work with. In year’s past there was a fee involved with electronic transfers but they may have did away with that. We’ll see how it goes on game day