Did teams tank this year?

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by pokerface, May 15, 2019.

1. Yuma

Yuma Back in AZ!

My thinking is they weighted the lottery too much the other direction even before they picked. Yes you don't want teams to tank, but you also do not want huge move up like what we saw. I think you leave it just as it used to be before the lottery. Now we have the D league. A team cannot get it's act together, it's like the Premier League, they get relegated to the D League and the best D League team moves up. Even if it's only for a year! Talk about not wanting to multi tank year after year! LOL.

2. swagron

swagron Registered

The Suns tanked last year for Ayton. There were no complaints then. Can’t have it both ways.

3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

It's done exactly this, give incentive to post all star game tankers.

Since it was so effective in the 2019 draft, it will only get worse in subsequent drafts.

The genie is out of the bottle.

I will be honest, if it hadn't effected the Suns and other teams so much, it would have taken me much longer to feel this way.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  4. pokerface

pokerface Registered

I think the suns could benefit soon because eventually we will climb record wise but still be in the hunt for top picks.

5. Mainstreet

This may well be true. Right now I want to think about turning the team around.

6. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Yeah buts its going to be a gradual climb...I hope its a bigger jump. Like if we were to have the seventh worst record next season our chances to score a top three would still be fair.

7. Mainstreet

When the Suns fell to 6th in the lottery it set them back in all likelihood.

If the Suns had landed Zion, and only had to worry about a point guard, it would be a different story. They might have been able to skip a step.

Now it does look like a more gradual climb.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.