Did Paramount + die for anybody else?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to watch the show with Kiefer Sutherland but the app is completely dead. It won't load at all on Amazon Fire stick, even unplugged and replugged, uninstalled and reinstalled app. I can also watch it through Xfinity except when I do that, it tells me I need a new box. They had emailed me I should upgrade my box so I went ahead and tried to do that but now I can't get Paramount Plus to load via Fire stick it just gives me a dark blue screen and never loads.

I watched it online while in the Philippines so I know it's not my subscription it's the actual app.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to watch the show with Kiefer Sutherland but the app is completely dead. It won't load at all on Amazon Fire stick, even unplugged and replugged, uninstalled and reinstalled app. I can also watch it through Xfinity except when I do that, it tells me I need a new box. They had emailed me I should upgrade my box so I went ahead and tried to do that but now I can't get Paramount Plus to load via Fire stick it just gives me a dark blue screen and never loads.

I watched it online while in the Philippines so I know it's not my subscription it's the actual app.

Finally got it to work my goodness about 45 minutes from first attempt to get it to work until it finally worked.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, their app is garbage. One of the things it used to do is continue playing audio even when restarting it because the picture wasn't working--to the point their audio would continue playing when other apps were on. Thank goodness I canceled because I'm not watching anything of theirs. No need to get it back for the Yellowstone crap anymore either, thank goodness.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their app is garbage. One of the things it used to do is continue playing audio even when restarting it because the picture wasn't working--to the point their audio would continue playing when other apps were on. Thank goodness I canceled because I'm not watching anything of theirs. No need to get it back for the Yellowstone crap anymore either, thank goodness.

I get it free through my subscription to a UCLA site. I could hear audio before the picture finally came on but I didn't miss anything.

HOpefully it works better when I get my new Xfinity box so I can watch it that way instead of with the fire stick. Googling it there's tons of people with fire sticks or other streaming sticks saying the same thing it's the app.

The show was interesting enough I'd like to watch more so hopefully when I get my new box I can watch it that way

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were watching Paramount+ last night via Apple TV4K. No issues to report on our end.

Haven't experienced any of the audio problems you guys are describing either.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new Xfinity box it does work although I had a couple of stop and start glitches.

From what I read on Googled they aren't very good at upgrading the app.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have so many issues when I run it through my Comcast Box, but zero issues when I run it straight through my TV.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave