Did anyone see the NFL Network schedule release show?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
This question is only slightly Cardinals related but there's a big conversation going on on a different board I frequent about Kurt Warner's comments about the Rams. There are some who consider him (allegedly)saying that the Rams are trying to buy a championship as proof that he is yet again trying to take a shot at his former team.

I've always found Warner to be very professional in his broadcasting career but maybe he was insulting the Rams? I can't find a clip of what he said or a copy of the 2 hour special to watch for myself. Anyone recall him talking about it?

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Not sure why this is an issue.

A. The Rams are trying to buy a championship, which doesn't make them unique. Lot's have teams have tried it, not all of them were successful.

B. Warner has said he there are very few people still with the Rams organization from his tenure there, so he has little connection with the team remaining. I'd imagine it's worse now as the team has moved. Given changes in coaches, admin, players, owners and time zones... it really is a completely different organization.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Not sure why this is an issue.

A. The Rams are trying to buy a championship, which doesn't make them unique. Lot's have teams have tried it, not all of them were successful.

B. Warner has said he there are very few people still with the Rams organization from his tenure there, so he has little connection with the team remaining. I'd imagine it's worse now as the team has moved. Given changes in coaches, admin, players, owners and time zones... it really is a completely different organization.
That's kind of how I look at it. Why would buying a championship be a pejorative? I guess it could be taken as criticism toward the Rams for giving up so many premium picks but I would still like to hear what he actually said. Leaving it to the personal filter of someone who's going to leap to that kind of conclusion is kind of dicey.

Many Rams fans are still insulted that Warner considers himself more of a Cardinal than a Ram at this point. Ah, fanatics. Gotta love 'em.