Did anybody see the complete and total confusion as well as lack of effort by Isiah Simmons?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-6 in last 7 games.
Starting QB played all of these 7 games
145 million offensive roster
HC and OC is supposed to be a guru.

You wanna cry? Cry on the above not Vance Joseph.
There's plenty of crappy play to go around. Vance Joseph DEFINITELY deserve all of the criticism that he is getting right now, and more.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's plenty of crappy play to go around. Vance Joseph DEFINITELY deserve all of the criticism that he is getting right now, and more.
Negative. The defense fell apart last year. What did they do in offseason? Their best singing was Nick Vigil? I am not a fan of VJ but VJ was setup for failure and offense was setup for success. Who should be the first to be let go if it comes to it? Keim, Kliff, VJ in that order.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative. The defense fell apart last year. What did they do in offseason? Their best singing was Nick Vigil? I am not a fan of VJ but VJ was setup for failure and offense was setup for success. Who should be the first to be let go if it comes to it? Keim, Kliff, VJ in that order.
Positive. We can play this game all night. I do know HOW you can look at Game 1 and say that Joseph doesn't deserve some blame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. They defensive roster is poop
The defensive scheme on the night is worse than the roster. The overwhelming consensus is that you don't blitz Mahomes. Yet this was the first time that he was blitzed over 50% of the time in his career. Mahomes absolutely feasts on the blitz. Even when it was clear that this wasn't working, Vance didn't make any adjustments at all.

It was flat out embarrassing.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I was afraid they changed his position to “Star” because he sucks at LB. So far it appears he isn’t very good at LB or coverage.

Here’s to hoping he can be a speed rusher?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As others have said he’s a better athlete in theory than actuality. Someone like Karlos Dansby wasn’t the most explosive LB but he had great feet and brakes. Also the more confused you are the slower you are. How would be better DC/scheme use him?
I understand this point, but I think it applies more to skill players, like QBs & WRs. It’s true Dansby wasn’t explosive, but he was strong, had great hands & excellent at diagnosing plays. I think an outside pass rusher can do well if focused on just the skills his athleticism will provide. Get the quickly and at least disrupt the passer.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I understand this point, but I think it applies more to skill players, like QBs & WRs. It’s true Dansby wasn’t explosive, but he was strong, had great hands & excellent at diagnosing plays. I think an outside pass rusher can do well if focused on just the skills his athleticism will provide. Get the quickly and at least disrupt the passer.
Young Dansby was extremely athletic. He played safety in college

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will send him a written apology if he becomes our DC.
I will too and I haven’t even offended him . . .
Was thinking the same thing.

Dude was a seek and destroy LB.

If he had been used as a rush backer, I don't doubt he would've been a double digit sack guy.
Us letting him go . . . twice, made me question my cardinaldom. He may be my favorite cardinal of all time (after Fitz).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Simmons. I really think the issues with depth at CB forced VJ to use Simmons in coverage more than he should. However if they can't figure out the CB starters/depth issue this defense will continue to struggle no matter what. It's a total whiff by Keim for allowing this team to start the season with almost nothing at the CB position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Us letting him go . . . twice, made me question my cardinaldom. He may be my favorite cardinal of all time (after Fitz).
He was a great player. Dare I say should have been a borderline hall of famer if he had gotten the exposure he deserved.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Dansby is one of the greatest Cardinals ever and deserves a spot in the Ring of Honor more than Carson Palmer.

Choosing Daryl Washington over Dansby was a total miss by Keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dansby is one of the greatest Cardinals ever and deserves a spot in the Ring of Honor more than Carson Palmer.

Choosing Daryl Washington over Dansby was a total miss by Keim.
Nah. Keim is the man. He belongs in the Ring of Honor himself...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Positive. We can play this game all night. I do know HOW you can look at Game 1 and say that Joseph doesn't deserve some blame.
Last night in the KC game they talked about how every single team laid back and played zone against the Chiefs in the latter half of last season. And, that was SD's gameplan last night. What did Joseph do? Try to blitz like crazy and they ate up our man to man coverage. I know our 4 man pass rush is pretty hopeless. But we played right into Mahomes hands.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The third one is classic Vance. We are doubling Kelce with Wilson and Baker but Baker drops back because the inside WR is Juju and he beats his man, Vigil and has a TD if Baker doesn't drop. I know Juju has fallen off last 2 years but who in their right mind thinks Vigil on Juju man to man in the redzone makes sense?

Apparently 11 is MVS not Juju otherwise still accurate

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Now we know the electronic communication system was screwed up. I would think that was a big distraction for Simmons considering his new role.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The third one is classic Vance. We are doubling Kelce with Wilson and Baker but Baker drops back because the inside WR is Juju and he beats his man, Vigil and has a TD if Baker doesn't drop. I know Juju has fallen off last 2 years but who in their right mind thinks Vigil on Juju man to man in the redzone makes sense?
The same guy who thought Collins could stay with Hardman in man coverage.