Did a potential deal for Hopkins unravel?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Did your parents ever spank a older sibling in front of you? Who was the lesson for?
Nah, my parents were smart enough to know that corporal punishments don't really work. They are a release for parents that don't have self control though!

I think your tough love strategy has some real legs though...time for the Cards to institute some whacks for poor performance?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm really confused. If Gaines is the plan, and the Cards have publicly stated that he can take center snaps, isn't that a plan? Isn't Froholdt a plan?

I think this is one of the positions you could say they have a plan for.
DCR - if you think putting some guys that are aware of the center position is fixing the problem, then I don't know what to tell you. If you want me to say it's a bad plan, that seems pretty obvious on face.

The whole point of adding Hudson was to prevent pressure in Kyler's face - now we've once again decided to aggressively do nothing to fill the position with non centers.

It's like defending replacing Chandler Jones with Gardeck/rookies. It's a plan, but it's a terrible one, and you're going to have a bad time!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole point of adding Hudson was to prevent pressure in Kyler's face - now we've once again decided to aggressively do nothing to fill the position with non centers.

It's like defending replacing Chandler Jones with Gardeck/rookies. It's a plan, but it's a terrible one, and you're going to have a bad time!
This

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCR - if you think putting some guys that are aware of the center position is fixing the problem, then I don't know what to tell you. If you want me to say it's a bad plan, that seems pretty obvious on face.

What did you want us to do? Should we have drafted someone higher or pick someone else in free agency? Curious what you think we should have done.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What did you want us to do? Should we have drafted someone higher or pick someone else in free agency? Curious what you think we should have done.
Acquire a credible center! Stop trying half measures and shots in the dark! There are lots of options, and just throwing stuff on the wall is not a solution.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm really confused. If Gaines is the plan, and the Cards have publicly stated that he can take center snaps, isn't that a plan? Isn't Froholdt a plan?

I think this is one of the positions you could say they have a plan for.
Yes, a very bad plan! I know we used to say in the Army it's better for a leader to make a bad decision rather than no decision at all, but in this case, damn, it's a series of gaffes. This never-has-been can do it! No, wait, this rookie developmental project can do it! Er, one of 'em, anyway. *Whispers* Sir, there have been a ton of good centers available. Nope, we got us a plan!

Ugh.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Exactamundo.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At least you've offered some sort of plan at the position - you're ahead of the FO! Maybe at some point we'll pay some attention to the D-line. Maybe next year!
I think they have a plan.

Tear it down and evaluate this year, and next year they will know whether Kyler is the guy or not.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of interesting that Dhop had his lowest average yards per catch of his career last year after coming back from suspension.

Part of that was poor QB play
A huge part, and arguably all of it, could easily be attributed to poor QB play. Least you forget, Murray was dead last in the league in deep ball accuracy; then he had noodle-arm McCoy and some guy whose name I already forget throwing to him. Ulch.

Were I a GM evaluating Hopkins, I would have very little concern that his ability began diminishing in 2022.
Monti and Gannon fed a weird narrative that there was a chance he'd return.
Not so weird when you consider that if you want to get the most value for an asset, it's best not to let potential buyers know that you have no option but to get rid of it... even if they all surely suspect it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they have a plan.

Tear it down and evaluate this year, and next year they will know whether Kyler is the guy or not.

Will they?

If we’re 0-8 when Kyler gets cleared and we’ve been getting crushed each week and opposing teams are smashing through the middle of our o-line, I don’t see the Cards even activating Murray.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah, my parents were smart enough to know that corporal punishments don't really work. They are a release for parents that don't have self control though!

I think your tough love strategy has some real legs though...time for the Cards to institute some whacks for poor performance?
I like the tough love has legs but not sure what you mean by Whacks for poor performance? I'm guessing put a hit out on the owner? I believe the Cardinals will have harder workers in camp then well ever..................................

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the wrong side of thirty, and PED suspension in his past with a big arse contract... go figure that out
Hey, man. Ease off on that whole PED thing. Hop did his own investigation into it and said he will release the results very soon... :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose