Dickley wants a blackout ..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wow, he got off the bandwagon really fast. To encourage a blackout of the local team? This isnt just diabolical, its pure idiocy. He just stuck his middle finger to any Card's fan that listens to him and Jurecki's blabbering on the radio and those who actually read his articles. He can keep his bandwagon Raider, Cowboy, Viking, Bear, Bronco, etc. bandwagoners as his loyal audience, Cardinal nation, the only one that really matters, should all tell him to go pound sand.

Either way, in the event of a blackout, FOX cannot broadcast another game during that slot by rule of the blackout policy. So Dickley didn't do his homework before writing this article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_television

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nowhere in there does it say he WANTS or is ROOTING for a blackout.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Blackouts really suck for those of us in Tucson who work weekends and can only get up to a couple of games per year. Didn't read the article, but if he said that, he is even more of a first class jerk than I thought

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackouts really suck for those of us in Tucson who work weekends and can only get up to a couple of games per year. Didn't read the article, but if he said that, he is even more of a first class jerk than I thought

He didnt say that.

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
He also tried to start the topic that the U2 concert tour has been tearing up football fields across the country and that the Cards should be worrying about it this week at U of P. MJ finally got him to stop talking and reminded him that the field is rolled outside for concerts. Very funny!

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Would you post the link please? If you are talking about Bickley I should be able to find it.

TJ

Reaction score
Nowhere in there does it say he WANTS or is ROOTING for a blackout.

He doesnt explicitly say that, but give me an example of another reporter in another market besides Green Bay or Minnesota that would write such an article. His intended message is as clear as day. I'm sorry, but to me, this spits on the face of every Cardinals fan in the valley.

TJ

Reaction score
No, but if our game is not blacked out, he can watch the other game on DirecTV. That was the message being put across on DirecTV.

Yea I just realized the message. I deleted the post. I havent had my coffee yet

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He Needs to Get Real

Bick ought to know better.

He's lived in Greater NYC where - since the stone age - there have been no blackouts of Giant games (which will no doubt remain will sold out even after the next asteroid hits earth and humans become extinct).

As a Cardinal fan "living in a foreign land" for yea nearly 3/4 of a century, my advice to Bick is: "the blackouts won't go away (nor should they)."

If you need your regular dose of Brett The Diva 24/7 or any other out of market games, I suggest you subscribe to DirecTV's Sunday Ticket like the rest of us.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesnt explicitly say that, but give me an example of another reporter in another market besides Green Bay or Minnesota that would write such an article. His intended message is as clear as day. I'm sorry, but to me, this spits on the face of every Cardinals fan in the valley.

He doesnt imply it either. You guys are way to sensitive.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesnt imply it either. You guys are way to sensitive.

He doesn't. He states it as a rhetorical question. However, it's not the first time he wrote such a column. He wrote a similar one about some game during New England's unbeaten regular season. I'll see if I can find it.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Yes, Bickley is a complete jerk, moron and a scumbag. But having said that, he DID NOT say that he was rooting for a blackout. He presented a scenario that may want others to root for a blackout. At worst he's an enabler, at best he was smart enough to figure this all out or at least steal it from someone else.

And yes, it proves that most of you are overly sensitive women (sorry to repeat myself).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Bickley is a complete jerk, moron and a scumbag. But having said that, he DID NOT say that he was rooting for a blackout. He presented a scenario that may want others to root for a blackout. At worst he's an enabler, at best he was smart enough to figure this all out or at least steal it from someone else.

And yes, it proves that most of you are overly sensitive women (sorry to repeat myself).

Thank you.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We already get to see him 12 times a year just about, geez.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He didnt say that.
He implied that... even to suggest Card fans may cheer for a blackout to watch Farve is extreme moronistic (just invented this word ;)).

But if the Cardinals sell out against the Panthers, the network will carry a doubleheader, and yet neither contest will match up to the grudge match in Green Bay.
So, will it deter people from buying tickets? Would Cardinals fans actually be cheering for a black out?
It certainly appears that he would like that...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He implied that... even to suggest Card fans may cheer for a blackout to watch Farve is extreme moronistic (just invented this word ;)).

It certainly appears that he would like that...

No you guys just like drama and like to believe he implied it. When he did nothing of the sort.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
No you guys just like drama and like to believe he implied it. When he did nothing of the sort.
The drama is created by queens like Bickley... this blog is so ridiculous, I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen anywhere else... even to bring this up speaks volumes on the menatality of journalists like Bickley.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i didn't read the article, but heard him on the radio

on the radio it sounded like it could present a decent dilema if there are unused tickets, would the network want to buy them up to show the cards game against an opponent like carolina - especially if things don't go well these next 2 weekends.

He was talking about the pure business aspect, given the rating numbers the first gb/minn game pulled and this being lord favres return to GB would fox be OK just showing that game versus a double header that involved the cardinals

he seemed to indicate he thought the GB/MN game would outview the cards here that weekend

he mentioned something about an exception - but I didn't catch it

i don't know if it was the exception where they flipped start times for the games due to the WS in philly or if there was an exception that would allow an affiliate to show a game in the same slot as a blacked out game, which as we know can't happen