Diamondbacks Sign Wilmer Flores

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25779144/wilmer-flores-arizona-diamondbacks-agree-1-year-contract

The deal is pending a physical and will guarantee him $4.25 million, sources said. He'll make a base of $3.75 million with a $500,000 buyout on a club option in 2020 worth $6 million.
Flores, 27, hit .267 with 11 homers and 51 RBIs in 126 games with the New York Mets in 2018, when he made $3.4 million. Flores started 73 games at first base, nine at third base and six at second base before his season ended prematurely due to soreness in both knees.

Good utility guy

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My fear is that they didn't sign him to be a utility guy, but rather signed him to be an everyday second baseman, so they can move Marte to center field. In my opinion, this weakens our defense up the middle while adding only a mediocre bat.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My fear is that they didn't sign him to be a utility guy, but rather signed him to be an everyday second baseman, so they can move Marte to center field. In my opinion, this weakens our defense up the middle while adding only a mediocre bat.
Especially, with his reported soreness in both knees. How long could he even be an everyday second baseman?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aaaaand...my fear is confirmed. This team will likely set records for batting and scoring futility in 2019.

Last edited:

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
In that interview, Mike Hazen also said the DBs are pretty much done with signing new players. This could get really ugly.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did a google search to see if Wilmer Flores was good to go tonight, and ran across this.
Mets: Robinson Cano is getting outplayed by Wilmer Flores this season

Robinson Cano is having a poor start to his tenure with the New York Mets. In fact, he’s getting outhit by our old friend to the team moved on from, Wilmer Flores.

Just how bad has Robinson Cano’s 2019 season with the New York Mets gone? After not running out what became a double play to end the inning in Sunday’s game, I decided to dive a little deeper into his numbers and compare them to one of the few ex-Mets playing well this season, Wilmer Flores.

Back in November, Flores was non-tendered which set up for his release. Arthritic knees were suggested as the main cause to move on. However, as the Arizona Diamondbacks have discovered this year, the 27-year-old’s bat is still a productive one.
https://risingapple.com/2019/05/20/mets-robinson-cano-stats-wilmer-flores/

awesome.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose