Diamondbacks might be up for sale

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People aren’t going now because the product sucks.

Put a winning team together and attendance will follow.

Changing viewing habits will mean you will never get 45,000 plus fans going no matter where it is. A new or redone park needs to be 35K

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
such a lame argument, well "most" sure as hell are not going to games down town.... there are plenty of people in N Phx, Scottsdale ($), and NW Phx (Sun City) Old people with the free time to watch an aging sport who would probably go
by that same logic I could argue that the stadium should go in the east valley.

Downtown is the most desirable place for a stadium. I wish all the local sports teams were downtown.

When the product is good, fans will travel anywhere. Suns downtown, Cardinals out west, ect.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Just chiming in here.
Where in north Phoenix are we talking?
I live in Cave Creek (I know they are not building it for me) and I am OK with the downtown location. I go to Sun's and DBacks' games now and will continue to.

Someone mentioned the Talking Sticks Fields area. That would be about the same distance as downtown Phoenix for the east (and far east) valley fans. It may be a little faster as they can take the 101 north instead of the I-10 or whatever they take to go downtown. Based on where the west siders live the Talking Stick Fields area may be quicker.

Ideally, I would like to see all for facilities near downtown. It would be a boost to downtown and they could work out shared parking. I know that will never happen as it is too late.

My first choice for our DBacks would be downtown (even though my 2nd choice is better for me) and my 2nd would be somewhere on the 101 (the Scottsdale area).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it had to be anywhere other than downtown, the 101/202 area would be the best - talking stick is too far north.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the story on this from last year. Chase Field won't be a thing in 2027. They will either be in a new stadium somewhere else in the valley prior to that or the team can freely move anywhere after 2027.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the story on this from last year. Chase Field won't be a thing in 2027. They will either be in a new stadium somewhere else in the valley prior to that or the team can freely move anywhere after 2027.

The ownership sucks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose