OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Diablo 4 started Season 1 three days ago... some new story line and new power mechanics.

Come to sanctuary. Check it out. The Helltide overflows and we could use your help.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diablo 4 started Season 1 three days ago... some new story line and new power mechanics.

Come to sanctuary. Check it out. The Helltide overflows and we could use your help.
I have actually stopped playing for quite a while. Since I am new to Diablo, I didn't know that to play a new season, they force you to create a new character. That is outrageous to me. I put at least 75 hours into that character and then 3 weeks later, I HAVE to start over to play the new season? Absurd.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have actually stopped playing for quite a while. Since I am new to Diablo, I didn't know that to play a new season, they force you to create a new character. That is outrageous to me. I put at least 75 hours into that character and then 3 weeks later, I HAVE to start over to play the new season? Absurd.
i hear ya... but the practice is pretty common in the industry . starting each character at level 1 makes it fair when the Leaderboards come out and players get ranked.

I still havent seen the seasonal content because it all starts after the campaign. But I have two characters who will finish in just a couple more hours of game play. But as long as you have beat the campaign in world tier 2 you have the option to just skip the campaign and use the seasonal story line to level... my son and I just decided to use the season story to level in Nightmare instead.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hear ya... but the practice is pretty common in the industry . starting each character at level 1 makes it fair when the Leaderboards come out and players get ranked.

I still havent seen the seasonal content because it all starts after the campaign. But I have two characters who will finish in just a couple more hours of game play. But as long as you have beat the campaign in world tier 2 you have the option to just skip the campaign and use the seasonal story line to level... my son and I just decided to use the season story to level in Nightmare instead.
Sure, if you are playing games competitively like League of Legends or Rocket League, that makes sense. Not in a game like this.

Plus. there are so many ways to get pulled into fast leveling up that this type of reset doesn't make sense at all. You can go from level 1 to level 60 in a matter of hours for example.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sure, if you are playing games competitively like League of Legends or Rocket League, that makes sense. Not in a game like this.

Plus. there are so many ways to get pulled into fast leveling up that this type of reset doesn't make sense at all. You can go from level 1 to level 60 in a matter of hours for example.
Yeah...path of Exile uses this same model...not uncommon for a few players to be doing pinnacle content after about 8 hours of play...takes me 2 weeks, lol...but I dont mind leveling a new character every couple months to try out the season mechanics... pretty often they are way fun.
there is however, always the option to skip seasons entirely and just continue to play the characters you have. Thats what I did in Diablo 2 for a decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA