Dexter (Showtime)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On Showtime.
Ok, I finally got around to watching the premiere tomight.
This show has the potential to be great and very disturbing in the same breath.
I'll be watching.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it, but I don't get Showtime. I'm an HBO junkie. Only room for one pay channel in my non-existant budget.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I watched it the other night, I liked it. It's a very interesting twist on the serial killer theme. He has urges to kill but directs those urges at those who kill others. The twist with him being a forensice cop who works blood splatter is cool as well.

Reminds me of a book I read call "The Closer"--similar idea, a serial killer of serial killers but in that instance the guy didn't kill because he liked to kill, he killed because he wanted serial killers to suffer since his family died at the hands of one.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched it, but have no plans to continue watching it. It was okay but really nothing special. I don't really like this kind of drama any way and I already watch too many shows.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Interesting show, I have seen them all and they have not gotten any worse, but not gotten any better yet, either.... This one stays on the DVR list for now...

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show was pretty funny - i love dark comedies. the actor playing dexter (Micheal Hall?) plays it perfectly - just straight down the line - doesn't over do it or under play him. fantastic

shawn

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dexter to return for second season.

By Kimberly Nordyke
Fri Nov 3, 3:53 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Dexter" will be bringing his own brand of justice back to Showtime for another season.

The premium cable network said Thursday it ordered a second season of the drama series, which centers on Dexter Morgan ( Michael C. Hall), a likable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department who moonlights as a serial killer.

Production on 12 hourlong episodes is set to begin in the spring, with a premiere date targeted for summer.

In making the announcement, Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt cited critical acclaim and viewership tallies as reasons behind the decision to renew the show.

"'Dexter' is a home run for us, both critically and in popularity -- the show was launched at the height of all the broadcast networks' fall launches and instantly became our highest-rated show," he said. "People seem fascinated by the moral ambiguity of Dexter."

"Dexter's" cumulative viewership tally stands at nearly 2 million viewers a week across all of its runs. The show premiered October 1, drawing 603,000 in its first run at 10 p.m., which made it the second-highest-rated premiere for a one-hour drama on Showtime, behind only "The L Word." "Dexter" will air its season finale December 17.

"Dexter," based on the novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, also stars Jennifer Carpenter, Lauren Velez, Julie Benz, Erik King, David Zayas and James Remar.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
By Kimberly Nordyke
Fri Nov 3, 3:53 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Dexter" will be bringing his own brand of justice back to Showtime for another season.

The premium cable network said Thursday it ordered a second season of the drama series, which centers on Dexter Morgan ( Michael C. Hall), a likable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department who moonlights as a serial killer.

Production on 12 hourlong episodes is set to begin in the spring, with a premiere date targeted for summer.

In making the announcement, Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt cited critical acclaim and viewership tallies as reasons behind the decision to renew the show.

"'Dexter' is a home run for us, both critically and in popularity -- the show was launched at the height of all the broadcast networks' fall launches and instantly became our highest-rated show," he said. "People seem fascinated by the moral ambiguity of Dexter."

"Dexter's" cumulative viewership tally stands at nearly 2 million viewers a week across all of its runs. The show premiered October 1, drawing 603,000 in its first run at 10 p.m., which made it the second-highest-rated premiere for a one-hour drama on Showtime, behind only "The L Word." "Dexter" will air its season finale December 17.

"Dexter," based on the novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay, also stars Jennifer Carpenter, Lauren Velez, Julie Benz, Erik King, David Zayas and James Remar.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

:clapping: awesome

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
season finale this sunday - looks intense. i'm wondering if they are going to leave it in a cliff-hanger until the summer?

anyone else keeping up with this show?

shawn

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just got the first two discs for Season one in the mail and watched the premiere last night. Ive been stoked to see this since they started littering the subway with ads before the first season. I loved the premiere, I think the characters are awesome and the writing is spot on. All the actores are great, with (at first impression) the exception of Dexters sister. Shes OK but not on the level of everyone else.

Great show

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Season 2 starts soon. I'm tempted to get the novels that the series is based on. I saw an interview with the writer, he seemed pleased with the series and said that it followed his story pretty close.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Loved season one. I though the finale had just a TOUCH of a letdown, in that everything played out the way it should have, with no real twists, once the big finale was established. But I am looking forward to season 2!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Dexter season 2 started tonite, picked up right where season 1 left off. Looks to be another solid season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Just watched my first three episodes (in a row).

Hooked...love it!

Showtime is giving HBO quality shows for once...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Tonights episode "An Inconvenient Lie" has been my favorite this season.

The Addicts meeting turned out to be beneficial in more ways than one for Dexter...awesome. I love this show.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Tonights episode "An Inconvenient Lie" has been my favorite this season.

The Addicts meeting turned out to be beneficial in more ways than one for Dexter...awesome. I love this show.

I think he's actually feeling love for Rita and it's going to start really freaking him out.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this season is the best of the two so far. I've loved the first few episodes this season, especially the last one - an Inconvenient Lie.

shawn

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
season 2 is fantastic so far. very impressed.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
just watched my first episode - i thought it was pretty good - may need to put this on the DVR and then get caught up