Devin Booker Max Extension Confirmed

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that I am concerned. It doesn't help that I live the SLC/Jazz market and Mitchell is a "dream" off the court. The two are often compared directly (I guess because they are two of the brightest up-and-comers at their age) and I would still take Booker on the court. But off the court stuff often starts to seep into the team and games, and there is no comparison there. So yeah, I am concerned.

Mitchell is going to be a superstar. I hope the same with Booker.

Hopefully Igor brings some of the positive things going on with the Jazz to the Suns.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been photo’d in Phoenix and could easily pay but didn’t based on principal. I’m not just handing over money and getting points on my driving record based on a camera and radar mounted on a street corner. If an actual police officer gets me on radar and pulls me over than I’ll happily pay the fine.

That said not appearing or not contacting the court kinda blows that argument. He either somehow didn’t know (which I doubt) or just blew it off and didn’t know that not appearing warrants a civil court date.

If this is a photo radar incident then this is easy to explain. And I know because I have gone through it.

When you are given a photo radar, they mail you the citation. It does not count as being officially served. No matter which avenue you chose, there are no points on your license because this is just a cash grab for the city. It isn't about law and order, it is about making the city money.

1) Pay the mailed citation

You can pay it and save yourself all the processing fees they tack onto the ticket, which is well over $100.

2) Don't pay the mailed citation

As being mailed doesn't count as being served a court date (and every moving violation has a court date), you can wait to see if they can serve you. The city has 90 days to physically hand you a citation. If they are unable to do so then you pay nothing. If they do find you, then you owe the processing fee and the serving fee.

So basically you can just wait it out. I have been tagged twice. Once I stupidly paid. The next time I read up on it, didn't pay, and never got served.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
between kardashians, the ulis video, not showing up to court and all of a sudden surgery right before the season after signing a massive extension, something is a little off here.

not saying it's a big deal (which I know people will immediately say I am)... but if Booker was on another team, I think most of us would at least raise a brow and wonder.
Yes agreed. Seemingly all small things . . . but lots of them starting to aggregate . . .

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
between kardashians, the ulis video, not showing up to court and all of a sudden surgery right before the season after signing a massive extension, something is a little off here.

not saying it's a big deal (which I know people will immediately say I am)... but if Booker was on another team, I think most of us would at least raise a brow and wonder.

I posted something similar, maybe a little more extreme in the surgery thread. I agree with you.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ulis fight was last offseason which should help make the case for it being a one time incident that he did not repeat. It was a stupid thing to do but knowing it stayed quiet for that long says it wasn't anything to freak out over. It took 11 months for the tape to come out and being released before his extension and when the Suns were deciding on Ulis' future wasn't a coincidence.

If this ticket is photo radar, I doubt some players would even get an article written for them in a similar situation. I don't even think he can be called dumb for not paying it, if it was that. We'll see what happens but it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure why all the negativity around Ayton this year, as he's a rookie and has only played 13 games in his entire NBA career.

Booker is putting up points at a good overall percentage, mostly from 2pt range, but lets be real and talk about what he doesn't do.

Lazy and watches on D, this is nothing new, has he improved? Athletically he's reached his peak, I don't see Booker be able to jump any higher or getting any quicker with his foot speed. He's a Paul Pierce without the savvy and length. Yes he was injured and that's another issue as well.

How many times have we seen him get blocked all too easily or have the ball stolen? And how about those turnovers?
This year through 10 games played, he as a whopping 46 turnovers already.

And his 3 point shooting is only at 33% right now.

This is a 4th year player going into his MAX contract next year. I'm not sure why he's barking at other players while he can't produce on both ends of the court. This guy deserves a lot of the blame, just as much as anyone else does.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I'm not sure why all the negativity around Ayton this year, as he's a rookie and has only played 13 games in his entire NBA career.

Booker is putting up points at a good overall percentage, mostly from 2pt range, but lets be real and talk about what he doesn't do.

Lazy and watches on D, this is nothing new, has he improved? Athletically he's reached his peak, I don't see Booker be able to jump any higher or getting any quicker with his foot speed. He's a Paul Pierce without the savvy and length. Yes he was injured and that's another issue as well.

How many times have we seen him get blocked all too easily or have the ball stolen? And how about those turnovers?
This year through 10 games played, he as a whopping 46 turnovers already.

And his 3 point shooting is only at 33% right now.

This is a 4th year player going into his MAX contract next year. I'm not sure why he's barking at other players while he can't produce on both ends of the court. This guy deserves a lot of the blame, just as much as anyone else does.
The Suns like to play players out of their natural positions. Booker is not a PG. All the TOs are a result of the Suns wanting him to distribute the ball as a Harden type player which he isnt. They need to put him back where he shines and go out and find a pg who will make this whole team better.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns like to play players out of their natural positions. Booker is not a PG. All the TOs are a result of the Suns wanting him to distribute the ball as a Harden type player which he isnt. They need to put him back where he shines and go out and find a pg who will make this whole team better.

26 of the 46 turnovers are bad passes. The rest are lost balls, travels, etc.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker should not be putting the ball on the floor and looking to facilitate. When he does that the defense can take it away too easy and that's one of the main reasons he shouldn't be playing PG. If he's looking to score he has a better handle on the ball because he knows where he's going, or not going, and not waiting on something to appear to him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker should not be putting the ball on the floor and looking to facilitate. When he does that the defense can take it away too easy and that's one of the main reasons he shouldn't be playing PG. If he's looking to score he has a better handle on the ball because he knows where he's going, or not going, and not waiting on something to appear to him.
So I agree for a different reason. Hos shooting percentage is way better than most guys he is passing to. I would rather Booker shoot it than some of the guys he is trying to pass to. Booker, score!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So I agree for a different reason. Hos shooting percentage is way better than most guys he is passing to. I would rather Booker shoot it than some of the guys he is trying to pass to. Booker, score!
Having DBook bring the ball up the court has weakened us at two positions. The Suns acting like the lack-of-a-real Point Guard has been solved . . . and not having our best scorer at the "2" to be fed by a competent and experienced Point Guard.

And now at a third position as well. The same thing is happening to our potential other All Star, Ayton. Having to play a high post, turning him into a distributor (but away from developing from his low post Center position). And without a functional Power Forward to take some of the rebounding pressure off Ayton.

That's deficiency at four positions. Why not just break Warren's knees and be deficient at all five? Oh wait, he's been playing Power Forward Lite.

Does anyone in management realize that NBA basketball is a team sport -- players dependent on one another?

It looks like Igor has put his reputation on the concept of five facilitators on the court and it has caused chaos.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose