Devin Booker gets in fight?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Pretty much a non story as far as Booker is concerned. There is absolutely nothing on video suggesting Booker was anything more than a bystander or was trying to break up the fight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ulis wasn't beat up no punches were really even thrown, it's a non story

OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doesn't look like much I agree....but what does concern me is the decision making...it looks like it's pretty much over and booker was called or texted and he came down to join the exchange and even covered up with a hoodie and bandana over his face on the way... Too much bad that could have came from this is my concern.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thankfully this wasn't bigger than it was. I think the video only showed 1 punch thrown and that was a wild haymaker by Ulis. It seemed like a wrestling match, lots of grappling. I would have preferred Booker never got involved but he didn't seem to do anything wrong. He didn't throw any punches or even get in anyone's face. He simply showed up after his friend got in a "fight" and I don't think he can be blamed for that. Unless there is more video showing him doing something more, this is a non-issue.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It looked like Ulis was drunk and sort of a punk to the group waiting to get on. They seemed to just ask to get on and he said no. He should've just let them in and waited for the next one.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I find interesting about all this is that Ulis had surgery last offseason, in May 2017. It was announced he had successful surgery on his ankle on May 10th but this happened May 26th at 3am, according to the timestamp. That's just over 2 weeks from having ankle surgery and he's out getting in fights? It also appears he was the instigator, which makes him incredibly stupid. Who picks fights 2 weeks removed from having ankle surgery?

From what I've found about his surgery, he was expected to be able to resume all basketball activities after 12 weeks. He doesn't look like someone who just recently had ankle surgery in the video. This altercation may have played a role in why he wasn't available for Summer League play last offseason. I know it was said he would recover fully in 12 weeks but there were 9 weeks between his surgery and Summer League starting. Could he have returned to play for that? It wouldn't be unusual for someone his age to return form surgery a little early. With how he played at the beginning of the season last year I think he could have used Summer League to help him stay fresh. Ignoring Summer League completely, he didn't look like he was 100% to start the season last year. Knowing he was expected to be at 100% after 12 weeks and seeing him play awful in October and November, perhaps he aggravated his ankle somehow. If it was by doing stupid stuff like this, I'm glad he was released.

Link about the surgery

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
could explain why Ulis is gone.. Not exactly a good look for our 150mm man. If you are wearing a bandit mask and hoodie at 3am something not good is going down.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So I watched this finally and I see nothing wrong with what Booker or his friends did. Ulis acted like a fool, but the others did nothing wrong. Their friend was getting assaulted by three or four guys, so they helped.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Non story. A bit disappointed by Ulis looking like he's live role playing grand theft auto. You should be better than that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler was asked about the elevator incident. He says he never heard about it previously and also hasn't talked to Ulis or Booker about it since it's been released. Nothing to it really except it's a little odd a team's veteran mentor didn't reach out to Booker after this came out. Since it was released like a day after his max extension was announced, you would think they spoke. Chandler could just be staying quiet on the situation or perhaps he hasn't spoken with him. I know Dudley has commented on Twitter about it so maybe Dudley is viewed as more of a vet mentor than Chandler? I don't know.

Thought I'd post it so others can see. I don't think there is anything to be learned from it though.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL I'd expect Booker to back up Ullis on AND off the court. I guess it's my military mentality that I learned growing up through the ranks. In Germany, if a Turk attacked any Soldier, we'd all jump in. But more than Turks, we had to worry about Soldiers from other units, and the same rule applied.

I knew a guy who picked a fight with a Turk and ended up in an out and out brawl with like 10 Turks and 5 Soldiers involved. Smashed cars and everything. When the Polizei arrived, they asked this guy what happened and he pointed at the Turks and said "Hate crime". The Polizei are definitely biased against Turks, so suffice to say, they take the word of a US Soldier over a Turk any day. They arrested all the Turks and let the Soldiers go. They showed up to morning formation unshaven and reeking of booze, but got away scott free.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The only thing I took away from the Chandler video is he has a very nice looking family!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a non-story. His friend got into a shoving match with some other dudes, Booker showed up and helped break it up. It's such an obvious non-story that TMZ sat on it for like a year, waiting for some reason to drop it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing I took away from the Chandler video is he has a very nice looking family!
And he doesnt seem to be spending a ton of his money on his wardrobe :D