Devin Booker earns single Third Team All-NBA vote for 2018-19

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/story/1948905/suns-devin-booker-single-third-team-all-nba-vote-for-2018-19/

Code:
2018-19 All-NBA teams
First team
Warriors PG Stephen Curry

Rockets SG James Harden

Bucks F Giannis Antetokounmpo

Nuggets C Nikola Jokic

Thunder F Paul George

Second team
Blazers PG Damian Lillard

Warriors F Kevin Durant

Sixers C Joel Embiid

Raptors F Kawhi Leonard

Celtics PG Kyrie Irving

Third team
Thunder PG Russell Westbrook

Pistons F Blake Griffin

Lakers F LeBron James

Jazz C Rudy Gobert

Hornets PG Kemba Walker

To be honest, this is a hard list to make. Maybe Booker over Kemba? Only one vote for Booker for third team is ridiculous! 19 games won really sucks when considering a player's talent.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/story/1948905/suns-devin-booker-single-third-team-all-nba-vote-for-2018-19/

To be honest, this is a hard list to make. Maybe Booker over Kemba? Only one vote for Booker for third team is ridiculous! 19 games won really sucks when considering a player's talent.

I thought 1st and 2nd team were locked with Harden, Curry, Lillard, and Westbrook but Westbrook slipping to 3rd team that just makes it even harder, really. I thought Kyrie would get 3rd team but the 6th guard spot could have gone a few ways. Oladipo and Wall both got hurt, which hurt their odds, and Bradley Beal got snubbed. Kemba would have been the biggest snub if Beal squeaked in over him though. Guys like D'Angelo Russell warranted consideration. DeRozan was 2nd team last year, I think. Just way too deep at guard. I'm surprised Kemba got it, honestly, since the Hornets missed the playoffs.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kemba may be off the market now:

The UConn product's contract will not be affected by the All-NBA nod if he moves on from the Hornets. He can sign a maximum contract of four years, $140.6 million with another team, though the more lucrative option remains in Charlotte. Had Walker not made an All-NBA team but stayed in Charlotte, he could have signed for five years and $189.7 million. But Thursday's honor raises his max deal to five years, $221.3 million, the highest possible deal for any player in the league.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/23/k...upermax-extension-hornets-point-guard-all-nba

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yuma said:

Notice that each player on the 3 teams has a position following
his name.

Five were listed as PG out of six Guard positions. (Only Forward
does not distinguish between PF and SF.)

Guaranteed that if the Suns had a legitimate Point Guard and Book
was clearly the Shooting Guard (especially as a good distributor),
he would have made second team. Is there any doubt?

Harden deserved to be 1st team. Book deserved to be 2nd team.

I've posted during the season that, leaving Devin Booker as a man
without a position (regardless of the talk of position-less NBA
basketball), not only hurt the team, but Book's chances of being
an All Star (and All-NBA, as is the case).

That is one of the reasons why I cringe at the thought of another
season with Devin Booker as Point Book. Not just for himself,
but for his recognition on behalf of the Phoenix Suns. Why take
that away from him?

Our best player is not one of the best Point Guards in the league.
And not enough of a Shooting Guard to qualify. Obviously!

And, regarding the 19 wins (which is a legitimate point), I suggest
that it reflects more on the playmaker (Point Guard) than on a
Shooting Guard, especially one with Booker's stats.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Rather than start another thread, here is the vote for All-Defensive 1st & 2nd teams for the NBA.

Except for Guards, there is a big gap between Centers (196 votes followed by 80) and Forwards
(195 and 193 votes followed by 61 and 39). The top 4 Guards finished with 145, 100, 90 and 82.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rather than start another thread, here is the vote for All-Defensive 1st & 2nd teams for the NBA.

Except for Guards, there is a big gap between Centers (196 votes followed by 80) and Forwards
(195 and 193 votes followed by 61 and 39). The top 4 Guards finished with 145, 100, 90 and 82.

You must be registered for see images attach
Does Bledsoe really deserve that? Or is that the glow of the best record?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seriously, do you guys remember him playing good defense? Better than De'Anthony Melton? I can't remember Bledsoe with that many defensive highlights when he was in Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, do you guys remember him playing good defense? Better than De'Anthony Melton? I can't remember Bledsoe with that many defensive highlights when he was in Phoenix.

Sure, I remember him playing great individual defense. Several opposing guards commented about how tough he was on defense. And then I remember him getting his contract and shortly thereafter the defense went away. I'm not suggesting there was a relationship between contract and the end of defense, just establishing a timeline. I've always believed he couldn't handle typical starter minutes (34 or so) and still play both ends so he paced himself.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not for an entire game. He would have some good possessions, of course, but I can't recall any game while he was here that stood out as a great defensive game on his behalf. He had some good defensive games but I think anyone that is 1st team All-Defense should have a few great defensive games each season and I can't remember any Bledsoe had as a Sun.

At best Bledsoe was our 2nd best defender while he was here because Tucker was here for his duration as a Sun save for the last few games Bledsoe played after Tucker was dealt before he was sat for the tank. Tucker drew the tough PG assignments a lot of times because he was our best perimeter defender. If the opposing PG was having a good game and hurting the Suns, everyone would say put TJ on him. If Bledsoe was a good defender then why was that something that happened a good amount? It wasn't nightly, but it was something I recall being said a few times every season. No one ever talked of Bledsoe making an All-Defensive team either, there was talk of Tucker sometimes by people here and the Suns announcers, coaches, teammates, and analysts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose