Derrick Brown vs Javon Kinlaw

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If I was forced to choose between these two with a gun to my head, I would choose Kinlaw 100 times out of 100.

With that being said..... WE HAVE 4 DT's already. Peters, Allen, Bullard, Phillips ALL Locked in for 2020

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ask, and Greg Cosell via Twitter delivers:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Brown vs Kinlaw is about what you want

Brown seems like an uber safe pick where the worst outcome is a Michael Brockers type player with better hustle. A guy that will ruin running games and push the pocket into the QBs lap -- maybe not spectacular numbers but impact.

Kinlaw has a bigger upside but a lower floor as well. Flashes of the upside, but not consistently shown. Motor runs hot and cold. Maybe you get Chris Jones, maybe you get Leonard Williams.

so: what do you want -- certainty or upside?

something Daniel Jeremiah said about the Ravens 1st round drafting philosophy: in the first round, the Ravens want to come away with at least a competent player. They value high floors in the first round. Given Ozzie Newsome might be a top 5 GM of all time, its something that stuck with me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think Brown vs Kinlaw is about what you want

Brown seems like an uber safe pick where the worst outcome is a Michael Brockers type player with better hustle. A guy that will ruin running games and push the pocket into the QBs lap -- maybe not spectacular numbers but impact.

Kinlaw has a bigger upside but a lower floor as well. Flashes of the upside, but not consistently shown. Motor runs hot and cold. Maybe you get Chris Jones, maybe you get Leonard Williams.

so: what do you want -- certainty or upside?

something Daniel Jeremiah said about the Ravens 1st round drafting philosophy: in the first round, the Ravens want to come away with at least a competent player. They value high floors in the first round. Given Ozzie Newsome might be a top 5 GM of all time, its something that stuck with me.

I think you can make a case for Ozzie being the greatest GM of all time

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like either at #8. However if we move back a few spots and can land Kinlaw I would be happy.