Demiere Byrd signs with the Arizona Cardinals

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
another WR?
Signed back in March when the cupboard was bare. Now he barely has a chance of making it.

I always feel bad for these guys who go to a place where they feel they have the best shot to make the team and then the team goes out and acquires guys they have no shot of beating out in camp.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signed back in March when the cupboard was bare. Now he barely has a chance of making it.

I always feel bad for these guys who go to a place where they feel they have the best shot to make the team and then the team goes out and acquires guys they have no shot of beating out in camp.
oh. duh. I thought this just happened.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm just curious what you are basing this off?

As far as I know nothing has been reported as to how he is performing.

For all we know Isabella has been terrible, and Byrd is our best bet as a deep threat.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm just curious what you are basing this off?

As far as I know nothing has been reported as to how he is performing.

For all we know Isabella has been terrible, and Byrd is our best bet as a deep threat.
Because draftees have a better chance of sticking than some undrafted guy who came from Carolina, of all places?

We're not cutting ties with Isabella unless he's historically bad, same goes for Butler, and Keesean Johnson has a better chance than most.

The alternative pathway for Byrd to make the roster is pretty slim. Teams only hold onto a limited amount of guys, and White/Cooper/Sherfield/Williams are competing with him and others for one, maybe two spots.

Before the draft, there were three more positions wide open. The only roster guarantees were Fitz and Kirk.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this year's preseason is going to be like that year where Britton golden and that dude who went to the Jets, fight it out at the last game to see would make the roster. Both of them stayed in the NFL for several seasons, which was impressive.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think everyone is going to have to get used to the thought of Chad Williams and Trent Sherfield getting cut very quickly.
What makes this guy any different? Both Sherfield and Williams outperformed him in one year of play over his four years of play.

I still feel bad for the guy, but does anyone really think that he has more than a 5% chance to make this roster?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this year's preseason is going to be like that year where Britton golden and that dude who went to the Jets, fight it out at the last game to see would make the roster. Both of them stayed in the NFL for several seasons, which was impressive.
Walt Powell.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What makes this guy any different? Both Sherfield and Williams outperformed him in one year of play over his four years of play.

I still feel bad for the guy, but does anyone really think that he has more than a 5% chance to make this roster?
Short answer...... K2 & Keim chose him. K2 had no say in the other two.

As for the 5% comment: Special teams will tell the tale.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think you bring in as many WRs and then let competition weed out who sticks.