DeFilippo to interview for Cards OC opening

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
DeFillippo looks to be heading to Jags. To most everyone’s point, this OC job will not be typical OC role and I wouldn’t expect someone like DeFillippo to accept this kid of role

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DeFillippo looks to be heading to Jags. To most everyone’s point, this OC job will not be typical OC role and I wouldn’t expect someone like DeFillippo to accept this kid of role

Yes, I just saw DeFilippo was heading to Jacksonville almost right after I wrote that post. Anyway, it doesn’t really take away anything from the point, and I really don’t understand how you can say that they are on to their 3rd option. Maybe 2nd, but not even that do any of us know.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Heard on Bickley and Marotta that the Cardinals interviewed Tom Clements for the oc position or potentially another opening on the staff

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he accept the cards role , he's a terrible oc. Somebody that bad shouldn't get picky, I hope he is thankful he's employed.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I guess this is good, but I am getting more and more concerned about who we're actually going to have at OC. A couple of rumors and a lot of nothing.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I think any well regarded / established NFL OC would have a problem relinquishing in-game play calling duties to the HC. It renders them into a glorified position coach supervisor.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gandhi, this question has been answered in the last 20 minutes. Cardinals are onto their 3rd option and gosh fans don't know how many more rejections were there. It is what is. Hopefully they unearth some gold.

Rejection? I don't know if I'd call it that.

Any OC coming here is coming in an advisory role. OCs looking to parlay the position into a Head Coaching job aren't really going to be interested.

The appeal should be that working with KK gives them more for their own playbook.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone on here "know", no "guessing, conjecturing, I think, etc." if and how many of these interviewees for OC have actually been offered the job by us?
:)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Does anyone on here "know", no "guessing, conjecturing, I think, etc." if and how many of these interviewees for OC have actually been offered the job by us?
:)

Easy answer...NO, the only ones who know are the team, the coaches and their agents. Everything else is pure speculation

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy answer...NO, the only ones who know are the team, the coaches and their agents. Everything else is pure speculation

I'm guessing the team is not feeling the urgency that fans are.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SIAP
Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals interviewed longtime NFL assistant Tom Clements for their offensive coordinator job yesterday, Tom Pelissero tweets. Clements has worked with quarterbacks at Notre Dame, and in the NFL with the Saints, Chiefs, Steelers, and Packers and served as offensive coordinator with the Bills and Packers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose