Decisions?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are those teams?

KM has been associated with two teams : The Cards and Miami, if he slips to #13. Given this, there is no need to pay a heavy premium to move up.
For one, we aren’t the only team to hold their cards close to their vest. Why in the world would the giants or redskins or dolphins announce the are going qb with their first pick?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually the raiders wouldn't need to put up a smokescreen if they truly didn't want Murray, that would only help the 49ers.
Right. But they will keep everything close to the vest. Imo. They could want anything at this point and that's how most in the top 5 want it. Just to field offers.. even if they have no desire to trade that pick. I'm sure the browns did this as well last year..

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't blame everything on the line or the coaches when it comes to Rosen. However, I am one of those that is worried about Murray's height. He has never played against line size he will face in his this league. Is he going to be a pocket passer or a running QB in this league. If it's the latter that worries me.

Dan Patrick gushed about what a great running QB Murray could turn into the NFL. Didn't really gush about his passing or pocket presence but his running. NFL running QB's have a very very short window of success and typically don't translate to the NFL.

I know it's not popular but I prefer Haskins over Murray not because I think Haskins is a better athlete. It's because I think it becomes the better QB. That would be my pick.

Either way the Cards have HUGE decisions to make very soon.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because if you are the Redskins for instance they couldn’t sit and wait until their pick came along to get Murray. They are the perfect team to jump off script to move up to two to get him. They have a small fortune invested in smith who may never play again and are volatile enough to make the move. Every team has a player board. Murray might be #1 on their board but are assuming he won’t be available because it appears we are taking him. The instant we pass on Murray everything is going to go crazy....if we pass on Murray.
Because if you are the Redskins for instance they couldn’t sit and wait until their pick came along to get Murray. They are the perfect team to jump off script to move up to two to get him. They have a small fortune invested in smith who may never play again and are volatile enough to make the move. Every team has a player board. Murray might be #1 on their board but are assuming he won’t be available because it appears we are taking him. The instant we pass on Murray everything is going to go crazy....if we pass on Murray.
Totally understand your point, then it would only make sense for the redskins to trade up with the 49ers if they know the raiders aren't interested & the dolphins are.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can't blame everything on the line or the coaches when it comes to Rosen. However, I am one of those that is worried about Murray's height. He has never played against line size he will face in his this league. Is he going to be a pocket passer or a running QB in this league. If it's the latter that worries me.

Dan Patrick gushed about what a great running QB Murray could turn into the NFL. Didn't really gush about his passing or pocket presence but his running. NFL running QB's have a very very short window of success and typically don't translate to the NFL.

I know it's not popular but I prefer Haskins over Murray not because I think Haskins is a better athlete. It's because I think it becomes the better QB. That would be my pick.

Murray can sling it, no worries there. Very accurate as well. Only had 3 balls batted down at the LOS last season. That was college though, how will it translate to the NFL? Million dollar question if the cardinals draft him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For one, we aren’t the only team to hold their cards close to their vest. Why in the world would the giants or redskins or dolphins announce the are going qb with their first pick?

True and equally true may be that the lack of rumour surrounding other teams indicates either a lack of interest or at least an unwillingness to pay a premium.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray can sling it, no worries there. Very accurate as well. Only had 3 balls batted down at the LOS last season. That was college though, how will it translate to the NFL? Million dollar question if the cardinals draft him.

And that low number probably reflects a fair number of designed passing on the run or outside the pocket.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And that low number probably reflects a fair number of designed passing on the run or outside the pocket.
Not sure really, I have watched him pass the ball at different arm angles to avoid getting it batted down though. He is good at using different arm angles because of playing SS in baseball. Kid does have a sweet & quick release.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I just think it's Murray or bust, especially with kingsbury being annointed. Either take Murray, trade back, or bosa/Williams.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure really, I have watched him pass the ball at different arm angles to avoid getting it batted down though. He is good at using different arm angles because of playing SS in baseball. Kid does have a sweet & quick release.
P.s. I only like him because of his baseball background.

I kid I kid.. but it does help. Better than a rich boy tennis player. :p

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still can't understand why they wouldn't be openly shopping Rosen right now if they were set on Murray. There is nothing in the way of that plan or anything gained from being so tightlipped. They should've done this before FA and Jacksonville and Denver would've been in the mix. The only advantage to slow play is to create the impression that you aren't taking Murray to increase trade value for the pick. Again, what is gained if the decision is made with Murray?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's just say I saw mcvay talking about this dude and not wanting to face him at all.. that should say enough. IMO Unless we believe that was a smokescreen as well. ;)

Says enough to you, evidently, but very little to me.

1. He wouldn't trash the kid, even if deserved, in public.
2. Facing Wilson with the Seahags would prepare him for KM and vice-versa.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still can't understand why they wouldn't be openly shopping Rosen right now if they were set on Murray. There is nothing in the way of that plan or anything gained from being so tightlipped. They should've done this before FA and Jacksonville and Denver would've been in the mix. The only advantage to slow play is to create the impression that you aren't taking Murray to increase trade value for the pick. Again, what is gained if the decision is made with Murray?
Probably out of respect to Rosen. It's the same with a trade of any player...in season or not. Just like the AB trade..he was quite vocal, but the team was getting things done outside of the media. IMO, The team doesn't want to make things a PR nightmare and for future free agents to question how they do their business.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Says enough to you, evidently, but very little to me.

1. He wouldn't trash the kid, even if deserved, in public.
2. Facing Wilson with the Seahags would prepare him for KM and vice-versa.
That's cool. Point taken. We all have our own interpretations. For me, just seeing look on his face was priceless.. I want to see coaches get nervous like that with Rosen.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Who of any consequence has ever said they are SET on Murray?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Starting to get the impression there is a cabal of "little people" on this board heretofore unknown.
Look. This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm his exact height. :)

Us short folk are tired of all these damn giants hogging professional sports! We are people to ya know.. haha

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who of any consequence has ever said they are SET on Murray?

Is that a serious question or sarcasm? You can get all hung up on words to distract from the question, but unless you live in a cave without WiFi then you should read how a majority of mock drafts ranging in all levels of validity have Cards taking Murray. Stop answering a question with a question. ITS ANNOYING

Little E

Reaction score
First off, we have heard nothing from Rosen. This would be highly unlikely if he wasn't told this is a smokescreen for a trade down. He is pretty outspoken per his comments last draft after him not being the top pick. It is like Rosen has been hidden away in protective custody so he won't say anything.