Deciding who the best player ever is

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
no you didn’t. There’s no way your that old and you say stuff like that.

Jordan played 13 years(no we aren’t going to count the comeback with washington)

out of those 13 years he had two short seasons in 85 he got hurt and only played 18 games and in 94 when he came back he played 17 games

so that’s 11 years really. In those 11 years he won championships in 6 of them lol. 3 of those 11 without Scottie to start. But apparently he’s a loser

He was drafted by a team that won 27 games the year before he got there. It’s called growing and getting better lol. Sorry he didn’t take a 27 win team and win a championship in his next season.
Don't discount those Wizards years (especially the first one). That Wizards team won 19 games the season before Jordan came in and 37 in MJ's first year and he was their only big addition. Prior to tearing his meniscus right before the all star break he had that team in the top 10 defensively and on pace for a top 2 seed in the east. He was legitimately in the MVP conversation prior to that injury.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
I hate these damn GOAT discussions.

Nobody's ever going to prove anything one way or another so let's just enjoy the games and not pretend one player was better because he had a better W-L record in 7th games played on the road on the weekend.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I hate these damn GOAT discussions.

Nobody's ever going to prove anything one way or another so let's just enjoy the games and not pretend one player was better because he had a better W-L record in 7th games played on the road on the weekend.
Especially right now. We’ve got better things to talk about.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry :( It was in between games. I'm in my 40's by the way so I saw Jordan. Just not sure that Lebron is more of a freak that would have adapted to his times.. maybe he would have been better without the soft mentality we have these days...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry :( It was in between games. I'm in my 40's by the way so I saw Jordan. Just not sure that Lebron is more of a freak that would have adapted to his times.. maybe he would have been better without the soft mentality we have these days...

No apology necessary, even if some posters don't want to participate it's an appropriate topic for this board. Personally, I'm not at all invested in the subject so I can jump in with both feet and still enjoy the discussion.

I try to not get too involved with arguments about things that really mean something to me but the age old discussion over who is the greatest NBA player of all time is ultimately meaningless and will continue for as long as any of us walk this earth. A lot of people get the answer wrong, some people say it's Wilt. There's room for both groups.:cool:

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't apologize, its a fun discussion thats gone over 100 posts. Some people may not enjoy these topics but participation isn't required.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't apologize, its a fun discussion thats gone over 100 posts. Some people may not enjoy these topics but participation isn't required.
I mostly read topics these days. I probably had a few thousand posts with my old sign in sunscardsfan or something like that until I lost it. I tried making some comments on the politics board and seemed to get a lot of negativity.. And I think of myself more as a centralist.. when it seems like it's 50/50 chance if your posts will even be welcomed it's just more enjoyable to read the topics most of the time... I know that makes me a snowflake lol.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The main reason why Jordan had fewer finals (other than playing less years) is that he played during a time that the East was really good. LeBron played in the East during a time that the East was really poor.

LeBron's biggest opposition was always in the Finals and that is why he only went 4 of 10 in the finals. Jordan's biggest opposition was often on the way to the finals which is why his teams made "only" 6 finals, but is also why they went 6/6 and never even faced a game 7 in the finals, but went to 7 multiple times on the way there.

This take is spot on. Every year Lebron and the Cavs made the playoffs it was basically a straight shot to the finals due to the lack of competition in the East. The west was so superior in this era that it’s ridiculous.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Best player hasn't been born yet.

Just need to find me an 8.5 ft baby momma.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose