Deciding who the best player ever is

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched Jordan play, and lose consistently in the playoffs, before he got Scottie, Horace (then Rodman), and Phil. You talk like you’re just reading Skip Bayless’ Twitter feed.

no you didn’t. There’s no way your that old and you say stuff like that.

Jordan played 13 years(no we aren’t going to count the comeback with washington)

out of those 13 years he had two short seasons in 85 he got hurt and only played 18 games and in 94 when he came back he played 17 games

so that’s 11 years really. In those 11 years he won championships in 6 of them lol. 3 of those 11 without Scottie to start. But apparently he’s a loser

He was drafted by a team that won 27 games the year before he got there. It’s called growing and getting better lol. Sorry he didn’t take a 27 win team and win a championship in his next season.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
Your GOAT couldn’t even win a playoff series without another top50 all time player. Lol Jordan.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely, pre-3pt era the most important component of winning was control of the rim area: Shaq was arguably the most dominant rim force in league history. Kareem and Wilt are the only two bigs that compare. This isn’t rocket science.

I agree Shaq was so dominant I find it real hard to believe he could not do exactly what wilt did in his era.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His 91 and 92 ECF titles were his easiest ones. They were far easier than any run during Nash’s 3 WCF trips.

thats BS.

nothing about early 90’s basketball was easy. They would call a flagrant on every possession with today’s refs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i kinda figured it doesn’t really add up.

Yeah opinions are fine but to say you saw something you didn’t is a bit much

His story changed a few times when everyone was comparing Amere and Ayton recently. He said he was a season ticket holder from 04-08 but later on the discussion talked about watching Amare on YouTube because he was just a kid in his early years.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
no you didn’t. There’s no way your that old and you say stuff like that.

Jordan played 13 years(no we aren’t going to count the comeback with washington)

out of those 13 years he had two short seasons in 85 he got hurt and only played 18 games and in 94 when he came back he played 17 games

so that’s 11 years really. In those 11 years he won championships in 6 of them lol. 3 of those 11 without Scottie to start. But apparently he’s a loser

He was drafted by a team that won 27 games the year before he got there. It’s called growing and getting better lol. Sorry he didn’t take a 27 win team and win a championship in his next season.
Don't discount those Wizards years (especially the first one). That Wizards team won 19 games the season before Jordan came in and 37 in MJ's first year and he was their only big addition. Prior to tearing his meniscus right before the all star break he had that team in the top 10 defensively and on pace for a top 2 seed in the east. He was legitimately in the MVP conversation prior to that injury.

Bobster

Veteran
Reaction score
I hate these damn GOAT discussions.

Nobody's ever going to prove anything one way or another so let's just enjoy the games and not pretend one player was better because he had a better W-L record in 7th games played on the road on the weekend.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I hate these damn GOAT discussions.

Nobody's ever going to prove anything one way or another so let's just enjoy the games and not pretend one player was better because he had a better W-L record in 7th games played on the road on the weekend.
Especially right now. We’ve got better things to talk about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211