Decent Overview of Upcoming Season

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a fair rundown. Talks about the highlights and lowlights of last season and identifies the players in play after all the departures

The author had a couple of questionable points, but overall pretty good.

You must be registered for see images attach

The thing with Hollywood was, early in the season Murray was throwing to him, and at the end of the season, McCoy, McSorely, and Blough. So he'll have some of the same QB play that coincided with his downturn. The two games McCoy QB'ed where he played, he had four catches in each game for a combined total of 53 yards.

You must be registered for see images attach

McCoy is a competent spot backup, but he's not going to create a Murray storyline. If we get rid of Murray and draft Caleb or whoever, McCoy will have zero impact on that. He probably won't be healthy by the time Murray gets back, and if anything, we run the risk of throwing Murray out there a game or three early because McCoy gets injured. I don't know what he's thinking there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The commentary and critique of the Cardinals has reached a new level of mediocrity where the opinions of fans and media is even more perplexing and entertaining than the team itself, rock on lol

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

I apologize if posted elsewhere
Sounds like he's saying 3 wins, Washington, Rams and Houston.
And a team starting over sounds a lot better then a team tanking!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he's saying 3 wins, Washington, Rams and Houston.
And a team starting over sounds a lot better then a team tanking!
There is a video that was playing along side of the article and they projected that the Cards draft added two games to their win total.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe it's all defense...they can keep us in games 6 wins can be a possibility. Would suck draft wise but I'd rather have the wins

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This defense is going to cost us games, not keep us in them. The offense is worlds ahead--which is a scary proposition.
Are you assuming KM will be available with no residual effects from his rehab and extended downtime?

It’s too early to make my call but the defense will be the better part of the two.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Are you assuming KM will be available with no residual effects from his rehab and extended downtime?

It’s too early to make my call but the defense will be the better part of the two.
I'm assuming he comes back mid-season and making no assumptions on how well he plays. The offense isn't good, hence my doomsday comment about them, but the defense is ass. No interior DL, questionable pass rush, only one starting quality CB, questionable ILBers (with all the capital we've spent on them)...this defense will be mauled and it won't be pretty.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm assuming he comes back mid-season and making no assumptions on how well he plays. The offense isn't good, hence my doomsday comment about them, but the defense is ass. No interior DL, questionable pass rush, only one starting quality CB, questionable ILBers (with all the capital we've spent on them)...this defense will be mauled and it won't be pretty.
I agree the only saving grace is that VJ is no longer running the defense.. I’d expect us to play to our players strengths specifically in Collins and Simmions to see what we have. Now, maybe we don’t have much and there will be no pleasant surprise.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least one of us will be eating a crow pie:)

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming he comes back mid-season and making no assumptions on how well he plays.
KM might be discouraged to come back after seeing the middle of the line get blown up game after game

Do we want him coming back under these circumstances because all his bad habits will come back?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
KM might be discouraged to come back after seeing the middle of the line get blown up game after game

Do we want him coming back under these circumstances because all his bad habits will come back?
We need him coming back because we have to evaluate him this season. No choice, really. If he's not the guy, we'll likely be in a position to go after a different QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave