Dear negative nancy's and naysayers...

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
...go home, you're not needed.

I've been sitting in the stands since the Cards got to town 23 years ago. I spent numerous Sunday afternoons sitting on the hard metal SD stadium seats frying in the sun rooting for horrific cards teams while having nothing but the draft to talk about in November. I've spent numerous Sundays trying to shout down the obnoxious Cowgirls fans while outnumbered 20 to1.

Now that we're still alive for the playoffs going into week 16 all I hear are a bunch of whiners crying about us not having a chance becasue "there's no way" that Det beat GB now that the perfect season is out the window and "there's no way" that ATL loses to TB in week 17. GO HOME, your negativity is not needed, I'm tired of hearing it. learn to root for your team...unconditionally. I'm sure as we sat at 1-6 you said..."there's no way" when the cards got behind today you said "there's no way" Im sure when we went to the superbowl, you said "theres no way"

you are not needed; You've been dismissed.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
...go home, you're not needed.

I've been sitting in the stands since the Cards got to town 13 years ago. I spent numerous Sunday afternoons sitting on the hard metal SD stadium seats frying in the sun rooting for horrific cards teams while having nothing but the draft to talk about in November. I've spent numerous Sundays trying to shout down the obnoxious Cowgirls fans while outnumbered 20 to1.

Now that we're still alive for the playoffs going into week 16 all I hear are a bunch of whiners crying about us not having a chance becasue "there's no way" that Det beat GB now that the perfect season is out the window and "there's no way" that ATL loses to TB in week 17. GO HOME, your negativity is not needed, I'm tired of hearing it. learn to root for your team...unconditionally. I'm sure as we sat at 1-6 you said..."there's no way" when the cards got behind today you said "there's no way" Im sure when we went to the superbowl, you said "theres no way"

you are not needed; You've been dismissed.

Awesome post, you should have beeen in the game day thread. The fire whiz and the here we go 6-10 now posts. UNBEARABLE!!!! There were several high ankle sprains today from people jumping off the band wagon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm really positive about this squad at this point, but I know I'm generally one of hose that dwells in reality and is pegged as a "negative Nancy.". And I just want to ask, why do YOU need to be so negative as to necessitate an unprovoked attack thread? I swear some of you aren't happy unless you can attack people.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Awesome post, you should have beeen in the game day thread. The fire whiz and the here we go 6-10 now posts. UNBEARABLE!!!! There were several high ankle sprains today from people jumping off the band wagon.

Some people may be reactive, but we're all cheering for the same thing. I can admit that I questioned quite a lot while at today's game, but every time the defense needed the crowd to get loud I was standing, clapping, and hollering myself hoarse.

It's not as if the win didn't include some questionable aspects. If people want to talk about them, they're entitled.

I'm really disappointed in some people's choice to attack fan's fandom when everyone should enjoy the win and talk intelligently about the good AND bad.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
that was not an attack to me, that was a defensive stand by a passionate fan of the team they have clearly supported and put money in

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I'm really positive about this squad at this point, but I know I'm generally one of hose that dwells in reality and is pegged as a "negative Nancy.". And I just want to ask, why do YOU need to be so negative as to necessitate an unprovoked attack thread? I swear some of you aren't happy unless you can attack people.

Your reality is what you make it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Your reality is what you make it.

I dunno if you look at the history of my posts they've typically been pretty spot on. When they've been good I've recognized and reveled in it. when they've been bad I've recogniEd and reviled it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Some people may be reactive, but we're all cheering for the same thing. I can admit that I questioned quite a lot while at today's game, but every time the defense needed the crowd to get loud I was standing, clapping, and hollering myself hoarse.

It's not as if the win didn't include some questionable aspects. If people want to talk about them, they're entitled.

I'm really disappointed in some people's choice to attack fan's fandom when everyone should enjoy the win and talk intelligently about the good AND bad.

It is not about being reactive, it's the same ole people saying the same thing. I question several things but Talk about reactive the fire whiz and run the ball posts every week when we are winning is crazy in my book. I am not attacking anybody but geez you've been around a long time and Im sure you see that things are improving. Everytime we go three and out or they dont like the play calling it is the same ole thing. So I would think it is no you the OP was talking about.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread to be locked in 3...2...1....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't mind personally when people voice concerns but I do have a problem when people treat the fan base forum for a team as if everyone is making comments to audition for a national sports show and have to be checked constantly...where one cannot be a fan of the team with a bias towards the positive. One should be able here to do so because it is for the team you love and one should not have to worry about someone correcting you for that passion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is not about being reactive, it's the same ole people saying the same thing. I question several things but Talk about reactive the fire whiz and run the ball posts every week when we are winning is crazy in my book. I am not attacking anybody but geez you've been around a long time and Im sure you see that things are improving. Everytime we go three and out or they dont like the play calling it is the same ole thing. So I would think it is no you the OP was talking about.

No I didn't think was specifically directed at me (considering I was at the game and hadn't posted today). But I do know it's like to have your credentials as a true fan questioned or be told to "go home" (really?!?), and I just found it ironic that the guy calling others names for being negative had to start an entire thread that was based in dripping negativity. Necessary? I don't think so. Hypocritical? Yup.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
No I didn't think was specifically directed at me (considering I was at the game and hadn't posted today). But I do know it's like to have your credentials as a true fan questioned or be told to "go home" (really?!?), and I just found it ironic that the guy calling others names for being negative had to start an entire thread that was based in dripping negativity. Necessary? I don't think so. Hypocritical? Yup.

Ok I'll buy that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't mind personally when people voice concerns but I do have a problem when people treat the fan base forum for a team as if everyone is making comments to audition for a national sports show and have to be checked constantly...where one cannot be a fan of the team with a bias towards the positive. One should be able here to do so because it is for the team you love and one should not have to worry about someone correcting you for that passion.

JetstreM, I know some people get carried away or arrogant but I think that's their passion coming out. I think most people want to sincerely talk cardinals. Some want to just be fans and others want to dissect the team and their moves. In their analysis they are sometimes going to contradict what others think or feel. I don't think that's bad nif anything it should cause further conversation, and yes debate, which in the end should really make us all more knowledgable cardinals fans and football fans in general.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am better than you!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie must be bored sitting at the airport.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along stick and beat the heck out of the fans that don't feel the same way we do?

Steve