Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shampoo reference is odd to me because if you google it the shampoos that contain ostarine are all hair loss shampoos and I am suspicious that D Hop is using a hairloss shampoo at his age?

When Trier tested positive for it a 2nd time at UA one of the experts who openly questioned his story said one of the reasons athletes use it is it's effective, and it's in other products so IF you get caught it's easy to claim accidental use.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One might have nothing to do with the other, but to me if Watson gets a six game suspension, then Hop's should be reduced. JMO.
Remember, the NFL has the drug policy to protect players from themself (John Matuszak). They don't care about the women Watson assaulted, but only that he got caught. His suspension is for hurting the NFL image, not to protect women.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shampoo reference is odd to me because if you google it the shampoos that contain ostarine are all hair loss shampoos and I am suspicious that D Hop is using a hairloss shampoo at his age?

When Trier tested positive for it a 2nd time at UA one of the experts who openly questioned his story said one of the reasons athletes use it is it's effective, and it's in other products so IF you get caught it's easy to claim accidental use.

Here is a link to the shampoo story for anyone curious. I'm taking it too and I had no clue until this moment that I'm taking yet another banned substance on the NFL.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the shampoo story for anyone curious. I'm taking it too and I had bo clue until this moment that I'm taking yet another banned substance on the NFL.

Unless I missed it that doesn't name the shampoos. I googled it when I first saw his comment and they seemed to all be shampoos for hair loss because of course they're trying to increase testosterone to slow hair loss. So it makes sense I'm just saying I'm skeptical D Hop is using a hair loss shampoo. He could be but based on recent pics I've seen he doesn't appear to have any obvious reason to do so?

It's certainly possible I'm just not aware of it being in "regular" shampoos it's in hair loss shampoos that I sort of doubt he's using.

I suppose it IS possible in the sense that he could have borrowed someone else's shampoo that does use hair loss shampoo but I don't think a one time event like that is enough to cause you to test positive for Ostarine.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed it that doesn't name the shampoos. I googled it when I first saw his comment and they seemed to all be shampoos for hair loss because of course they're trying to increase testosterone to slow hair loss. So it makes sense I'm just saying I'm skeptical D Hop is using a hair loss shampoo. He could be but based on recent pics I've seen he doesn't appear to have any obvious reason to do so?

It's certainly possible I'm just not aware of it being in "regular" shampoos it's in hair loss shampoos that I sort of doubt he's using.

I suppose it IS possible in the sense that he could have borrowed someone else's shampoo that does use hair loss shampoo but I don't think a one time event like that is enough to cause you to test positive for Ostarine.
Sorry, don't really my response as anything other than just adding to yours. I looked is up after reading your post and was surprised by it and how silly the NFL is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't really my response as anything other than just adding to yours. I looked is up after reading your post and was surprised by it and how silly the NFL is.

Where I think it's silly is the trace amounts thing but then their assumption is they have no idea how long someone was using PED's, the trace amounts could be it's from shampoo, or it could be he stopped using it several months ago.

There's so many issues with the current system people who played are pretty clear almost everyone is doing something so if you get caught you're either unlucky or careless. He certainly doesn't look like a PED user but given he was coming off surgery my suspicion has been that he probably tried to supplement his rehab with something.

He may well be telling the truth it's just that in sports none of them ever admit it so I become quite skeptical.

In the 2nd Trier case at Arizona I remember the response from a UCLA trained doctor who was one of the worlds leading experts in doping. He said the most likely explanation for him testing positive again was, he used again.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know whether people are being intentionally obtuse or not, but suspensions for recreational and performance-enhancing drugs are collectively bargained. The NFLPA already had their say on what the punishment should be, and every player signed off on it.

The NFLPA didn't want to collectively bargain punishment for DV and other personal conduct infractions because the guys didn't want to trade money so a small percentage could hurt non-players. If it was a priority for the membership, they could and would have negotiated it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose